Drag Name Origin
According to Scarlet, her name comes from strong female empowerment representation like "Scarlett O'Hara", character from the 1940 movie Gone With The Wind.
RuPaul's Drag Race
|Season Competed||Season 11|
|Mini-Challenges Won:||1 (Ep. 4)|
|Main Challenges Won:||1 (Ep. 2)|
|Times in Bottom:||2 (Eps. 3, 6)|
|Times as Team Captain:||0|
|Episode Eliminated||Episode 6|
During the show, Scarlet Envy was highly praised for her work in acting challenges. She even won an acting challenge, along with Yvie Oddly, in Episode 2, "Good God Girl, Get Out!". However, her struggles with choreography saw her get eliminated in Episode 6, "The Draglympics", after an iconic lip sync against Ra'Jah O'Hara, ironically to "Last Dance" by Donna Summer.
On Reddit, she was broadly praised as having brought an experimental, joyful attitude common in earlier seasons despite her "ice queen" aesthetic. A huge number of fans were outraged at her elimination. Some even compared her ouster to BenDeLaCreme's in Season 6, and Trixie Mattel's in Season 7, making it clear that there was a demand for her to return in a future season of All Stars.
- "The world wants me, and the feeling is mutual." (Season 11 entrance)
- "I am southern beauty and New York City grit."
- "Scarlet with one T, because too much T isn't good for anyone."
- "My drag is about embracing the beauty that you were blessed with... and I happened to be very blessed."
- "What a big day for us!"
- "She's Venus with a penis." (referring to herself, explaining her entrance look)
- "I feel like I should start looking around for anyone else here." (joking about Vanessa Vanjie Mateo return)
- "I didn't really have much of a reaction. It's drag I've seen before, she's sparkling, she's wearing platinum hair and woohoo." *shakes hand like it's holding a tiny flag* (referring to Brooke Lynn Hytes upon her Season 11 entrance)
- "I should not be the last pick, especially on an acting challenge. I am Julia Roberts in Pretty Woman. Big mistake. Huge."
- "I think that was...Derrick Barry!"
- "When you feel your own oats so hard, you forget that there are other oats there."
- "I feel beautiful."
- "A winning look."
- "Opinions are like assholes, you know? Most of them are on my face."
"You know she loves a mirror and she loves you too. Meet you on the late night dance floor. XOXO Scarlet"
- Scarlet's birth mother, Sherri, is pansexual and is married to a woman named Sheri.
- She has 3 sisters.
- Scarlet is left handed.
- She says she lost her virginity with Sleeping Beauty on in the background.
- She cried at The Little Mermaid when she realized she'd never be friends with Ariel.
- Her grandmother used to say "Olives make you sexy." Although she wasn't sure what she meant by that, it stuck with her.
- Like her fellow Louisville queen, Season 10's Dusty Ray Bottoms, Scarlet spent time in gay conversion therapy in her youth and is now vocal about how harmful it is.
- She ran cross country, and acted in theatre productions and commercials in high school.
- After high school, Envy moved from Kentucky to New York City to study at the Fashion Institute, where she graduated with a degree in Advertising Design.
- She taught herself to sew after graduating college.
- She is a fan of singer Lana Del Rey and the deceased Princess Diana.
- She is often said to look like actress Brooke Shields.
- Her favorite colors are red, gold, and olive green.
- She loves spicy food, cheese, pasta, wine, and whiskey, but tries to avoid red meat.
- Prior to RuPaul's Drag Race, she performed primarily in Brooklyn, New York and has collaborated with Season 9 winner Sasha Velour, among many other queens.
- She wrote the lyric "3 girl manicures" (heard in her debut single Feeling Is Mutual) after walking the Sasha Velour-curated opening ceremony New York Fashion Week show in 2018. A team of 3 ladies did her nails simultaneously to save time!
- Her favorite past-contestants are Season 6 winner Bianca Del Rio, Season 7 runner-up Pearl, and Season 5 Miss Congeniality Ivy Winters.
- She auditioned for RuPaul's Drag Race 4 times. The year she made her audition tape herself was the year she got on the show.
- She sewed most of her Season 11 runway looks.
- By virtue of finishing in 10th place, she is tied with Madame LaQueer and Mayhem Miller as the lowest placing contestant to win a challenge.
Season 11 Looks
- Feeling Is Mutual (2019)
- Press On (2020)
- (2017) SNL, during Katy Perry's "Swish Swish" performance
- (2019) RuPaul's Drag Race, on Season 11
|2nd: Brooke Lynn Hytes • 3rd & 4th: A'keria Chanel Davenport & Silky Nutmeg Ganache|
|5th: Vanessa Vanjie Mateo • 6th: Nina West (Miss Congeniality) • 7th: Shuga Cain • 8th: Plastique Tiara • 9th: Ra'Jah O'Hara • 10th: Scarlet Envy • 11th: Ariel Versace • 12th: Mercedes Iman Diamond • 13th: Honey Davenport • 14th: Kahanna Montrese • 15th: Soju|
|RuPaul • Michelle Visage • Carson Kressley • Ross Mathews|
|Jason Carter • Bruno Carvalho • Bryce Eilenberg|