According to Scarlet, her name comes from strong female empowerment representation like "Scarlett O'Hara", character from the movie "Gone with The Wind".
RuPaul's Drag Race
|Season Competed||Season 11|
|Mini-Challenges Won:||1 (Ep. 4)|
|Times as Team Captain:||0|
|Main Challenges Won:||1 (Ep. 2)|
|Times in Bottom:||2 (Ep. 3, 6)|
|Episode Eliminated:||Episode 6|
Southern beauty mixed with New York City grit, Scarlet pulls from references as varied as movie stars of the 40s, Andy Warhol superstars of the 60s, and supermodels of the 80s.
A self-described "natural beauty", she has worked with fashion photographer Steven Klein, Harper's Bazaar magazine and even appeared in a musical number on "Saturday Night Live" before being on "RuPaul's Drag Race".
During the show, she was highly praised for her work in acting challenges and won one of these, along with Yvie Oddly, in the second episode. However, her struggles with choreography saw her get eliminated in Episode 6, "The Draglympics". She lip-synced against Ra'Jah O'Hara to "Last Dance" by Donna Summer. On Reddit, she was broadly praised as having brought an experimental, joyful attitude common in earlier seasons. One that some say is being lost as queens "buy in" their outfits. She was also praised for her humorous, self-deprecating attitude toward her dancing ability. Fans added that her generally warm disposition played well against her apparent ice queen aesthetic.
A huge number of fans were outraged at her elimination. In a show of anger, they compared her ouster to that of BenDeLaCreme in Season 6 and Trixie Mattel in Season 7. There are rumors that she will return in a future season of "All Stars".
Scarlet's drag style is seen as a mixture of high fashion and cheap deals. Working on a budget, Scarlet manages to find expensive looking items for bargain deals. She refers to her style as the "cheapest lady with the highest price tag." Her drag is inspired by her Southern background mixed with her New York career. She states that she has an appreciation for both "chickens and taxis."
"The world wants me, and the feeling is mutual."
- "I am southern beauty and New York City grit."
- "My drag is about embracing the beauty that you were blessed with... and I happened to be very blessed."
- "She's Venus with a penis." (referring to herself)
- "I feel like I should start looking around for anyone else here." (joking about Vanessa Vanjie Mateo return)
- "I didn't really have much of a reaction. It's drag I've seen before, she's sparkling, she's wearing platinum hair and WOO HOO. (referring to Brooke Lynn Hytes upon her entrance into the WerkRoom.)
- "I should not be the last pick. Especially on an acting challenge. I am Julia Roberts in 'Pretty Woman'. Big mistake. Huge."
- "When you feel your own oats so hard, you forget that there are other oats there."
- "I feel beautiful."
- "A winning look."
- "Opinions are like assholes, you know? Most of them are on my face."
"You know she loves a mirror and she loves you too. Meet you on the late night dance floor. XOXO Scarlet"
- Scarlet Envy was raised by 2 lesbian mothers, both of them named Cherry.
- Originally from Louisville, Kentucky, Envy moved to New York City to study at the Fashion Institute, where she graduated.
- Prior to "RuPaul's Drag Race", she performed primarily in Brooklyn, New York and has collaborated with Season 9 winner Sasha Velour.
- Her favorite past-contestants are Season 7 runner-up Pearl (her drag mother) and Ivy Winters.
- She was paired with Raja for Episode 1's mini challenge, a photoshoot.
- She sewed most of her Season 11 runway looks.
- By virtue of finishing in 10th place, Scarlet is tied with Madame LaQueer and Mayhem Miller as the lowest placing queen to win a challenge.
Season 11 Looks
|2nd: Brooke Lynn Hytes • 3rd/4th: A'keria Chanel Davenport & Silky Nutmeg Ganache|
|5th: Vanessa Vanjie Mateo • 6th: Nina West (Miss Congeniality) • 7th: Shuga Cain • 8th: Plastique Tiara • 9th: Ra'Jah O'Hara • 10th: Scarlet Envy • 11th: Ariel Versace • 12th: Mercedes Iman Diamond • 13th: Honey Davenport • 14th: Kahanna Montrese • 15th: Soju|
|Jason Carter • Bruno Carvalho • Bryce Eilenberg|