Sherry Pie was disqualified from RuPaul’s Drag Race because of alleged sexual misconduct and admittance in her statement. Additions to this page regarding Season 12 have ceased.
"I got my drag name "Sherry Pie" by sitting in a costume shop one very dark and lonely evening and i was throwing around drag names and i wanted something a little bit punny and a little bit funny, something that was a little vintage and so "Sherry" was the most popular name in the 1950s and so Sherry and then i like food, so "Pie", Sherry Pie, here we are today kids."
RuPaul's Drag Race
|Seasons Competed:||Season 12|
|Maxi Challenges Won:||2 (Ep. 3, 5)|
|Top 2 Placements:||1 (Ep. 1)|
|Mini Challenges Won:||0|
|Times as Team Captain:||0|
|Times in Bottom Two:||0|
- "Hope you saved room for dessert, 'cause I brought pie!" (entrance quote)
- "(Weird moaning) I want a hot dog real bad"
- (2020) "You Don't Know Me" by The Cast of RuPaul's Drag Race Season 12
- Sherry Pie was publicly announced as disqualified from Season 12 on March 6, 2020 via social media citing the "recent developments and [her] statement" from Facebook about the claim she sexually exploited several men. However, the season had already begun airing a week prior to her disqualification, and the second part of the season premiere (which was the episode that introduced her into the Werkroom for the first time) aired as normal that evening, making her the first queen to be disqualified after already filming a season. She was banned from attending both the reunion and the finale.
- On episode 12, she originally advanced into the Top 4, but since she was disqualified this made Season 12 have the first Top 3 since Season 8.
- Sherry is the second contestant to be disqualified from RuPaul's Drag Race.
- However, she is the first to be disqualified after filming and not because of "breaking" rules, but because of her statement regarding the alleged sexual misconduct.
- Sherry was the second queen to be earn a Top 2 spot during a regular season of Drag Race.
- The first was Gigi Goode on the first premiere of Season 12.
- Since her disqualification, World of Wonder has taken immense steps at minimizing her screen time, appearance, and mention of her on all forms of media.
- Most notably, her absence from official social media posts, Fashion Photo RuView, and her runway walk during episode 6.
- A majority of Sherry's runway looks were created by NYC designer Florence D'Lee who posts her runway looks on their Instagram along with its concept design.
- Sherry was the first queen on Season 12 to win two maxi challenges.
Season 12 Looks
- (2020) RuPaul's Drag Race, as contestant on Season 12
- (2020) Untucked, on Season 12
|Jaida Essence Hall|
|2nd & 3rd: Crystal Methyd & Gigi Goode|
|4th: Sherry Pie (Disqualified) • 5th: Jackie Cox • 6th: Heidi N Closet (Miss Congeniality) • 7th: Widow Von'Du • 8th: Jan • 9th: Brita • 10th: Aiden Zhane • 11th: Nicky Doll • 12th: Rock M. Sakura • 13th: Dahlia Sin|
|Jason Carter • Bruno Carvalho • Bryce Eilenberg|