Vandalism, bullying, insults, trash talking, and inappropriate edits will NOT be tolerated. Pages on this site are designated for constructive and factual contributions. Please reserve all personal opinions for the comments section and keep things constructive.
Originally named Lasagna Frozeen, Silky, oriented by a mentor at the all-male college she attended, later changed it. Then, while watching Food Network, she heard "silky ganache", which is a luscious glaze made from cream and chocolate, and kept it as her stage name later adding "Nutmeg" in the middle.
Much like Nina Bo'nina Brown, Silky's sometimes name yodeled by adding more words to the end of her name, typically food ones. Also, sometimes she's called The Reverend Dr. Silky Nutmeg Ganache, Dr. Silky Ganache, or simply Dr. Ganache, by RuPaul due to her looking into studying in a Doctoral Degree. She was commonly referred to as "Dr." Reggie in her visits to her university "Wabash". While Reverend is added because she was a minister of music in her church.
RuPaul's Drag Race
|Season Competed||Season 11|
|Mini-Challenges Won:||3 (Eps. 1, 2, 8)|
|Times as Team Captain:||1 (Ep. 2)|
|Maxi Challenges Won:||2 (Eps. 4, 8)|
|Times in Bottom Two:||1 (Ep. 11)|
|Episode Eliminated:||Episode 14|
The life of the party, you always know when exuberant "Big Silky" is in the building. But scratch the surface of this gregarious drag queen and you'll find a softer side to Silk – one who was raised in the church, has a Master's Degree in Organizational Leadership, and is even on her way to becoming a Doctor of Philosophy.
Silky describes herself as a southern belle who speaks the truth and will always lend a helping hand. She has a larger-than-life personality and is "real as f***." Silky is a fun-loving girl who loves to entertain and embraces her curves.
"Munch-munch, crunch-crunch. Silky Ganache is here to eat the lunch."
- "Big Silk got the good ol' milk!"
- "Attitude check!"
- "BITCH! BITCH! HOW YOU DOIN'?!" (to Miley Cyrus during Season 11, Episode 1)
- "Chicken wings, on the brain! That's what I'm all about."
- "Violet Chauski." (pronouncing Violet Chachki's name)
- "Kalani Montrese." (pronouncing Kahanna Montrese's name)
- "I'm sorry that was given a bitch straw to suck."
- "Real big, Ru."
- "When business comes, I'm gonna handle business. But, when it's time for pleasure, I'mma have pleasure."
- "That fan ain't gon' stop us!" (as Missy Armitage in Good God Girl, Get Out!)
- "She's an Instagram ho."
- "If I was to lip-sync for my motherfucking life today, bitch, I WAS MOTHERFUCKING READY!" (to Yvie Oddly during Untucked)
- "Ho you must go, ho you must go, ho you must go!"
- "For examplah."
- "I wrote this book due to the fact that I was hungry!"
- "The question of the day, and every single day! Is this BITCH recording!" (as TS Madison in Snatch Game At Sea)
- "The bottom look nice on you, bitch."
- "Ooh my wig."
- "Y'all know I'm a church lady and a pageant queen, BUT BITCH the true tea is Miss Brooke Lynn, you done gave me motherf*cking Soju, the bitch that can't walk in heels, still talks about her mother*cking cysts when you know I'm a struggle bus my damn self. She done set me up." (during the family resemblance challenge in Episode 11 "Bring Back My Queens.")
- "I do my eyebrows with a Sharpie."
- "How dare you Miss Soju, question my skills because I use permanent marker. I can beat a mug. Even when I'm home bitch I make some hoes beautiful. I mean hoes that look like Wesley Snipes, like John C. Riley, hoes that look like Lil' Wayne. I make them hoes look beautiful. It's an honor that I put makeup on your face any day." (in response to Soju's reaction to Silky using permanent marker for her eyebrows.)
- "Now, bitch you been gone from the very beginning, how you know all the tea?" (to Soju during Season 11's makeover challenge)
- Silky attended an all-male college, there discovering, through friends, the art of drag.
- Silky started doing drag with Season 10 contestant Blair St. Clair.
- Silky's drag mother is Vanessa Ryan.
- Silky is a Christian.
- To help combat gerrymandering, she's a registered Republican but says she doesn't vote Republican.
- Silky has a master's degree in Organizational Leadership, and she was looking into a Ph.D. program before going to film the TV show.
- Later, on Hey Qween, she said she would start a Doctorate in 2021.
- During a pre-Season 11 performance, Silky jumped on a US Postal Service truck and drove away.
- Silky's favorite past contestant is Latrice Royale.
- Silky was paired with Mariah Balenciaga for Episode 1's photoshoot Mini Challenge, which she won.
- Silky is the first Chicago queen to win Snatch Game.
- Silky is the third Drag Race contestant to win both the Rusical and the Snatch Game in a single season, after Ginger Minj in Season 7 and BenDeLaCreme in All Stars 3.
- Silky is a hurricane Katrina survivor.
- She is the fourth plus-sized Drag Race contestant to make it to the finale after Roxxxy Andrews in Season 5 and All Stars 2, Ginger Minj in Season 7 and Eureka in Season 10.
- Silky's finale look resembles the look Alaska wore on the All Stars 2 reunion.
- Both of these looks were references to the iconic musical Hairspray.
- Silky was first inspired to audition for the show after she saw Jaidynn Diore Fierce on Season 7.
- Silky is tied with Nina West, Crystal Methyd and Miz Cracker for the longest run without having to lip sync for her life, competing in eleven episodes before landing in the bottom two.
- A'keria Chanel Davenport did her hair for her finale introduction video.
- Season 12 winner Jaida Essence Hall did her makeup for the finale.
- Silky revealed that she was cast on Drag Race after her first audition, but sent her audition tape twice.
- On January 5, 2021, Silky was seen in Puerto Vallarta dancing amongst an unmasked crowd with Vanessa Vanjie Mateo. She later blocked Farrah Moan on social medias, who had retweeted the video and condemned their actions.
Season 11 Looks
|2nd: Brooke Lynn Hytes • 3rd & 4th: A'keria Chanel Davenport & Silky Nutmeg Ganache|
|5th: Vanessa Vanjie Mateo • 6th: Nina West (Miss Congeniality) • 7th: Shuga Cain • 8th: Plastique Tiara • 9th: Ra'Jah O'Hara • 10th: Scarlet Envy • 11th: Ariel Versace • 12th: Mercedes Iman Diamond • 13th: Honey Davenport • 14th: Kahanna Montrese • 15th: Soju|
|RuPaul • Michelle Visage • Carson Kressley • Ross Mathews|
|Jason Carter • Bruno Carvalho • Bryce Eilenberg|