| Vandalism Warning
Vandalism, bullying, insults, trash talking, and inappropriate edits or deleting will NOT be tolerated. Pages on this site are designated for constructive and factual contributions. Please reserve all personal opinions for the comments section.
Originally named Lasagna Frozeen, Silky, oriented by a mentor at the all-male college she attended, later changed it. Then, while watching Food Network, she heard "silky ganache", which is a luscious glaze made from cream and chocolate, and kept it as her stage name later adding "Nutmeg" in the middle.
Much like Nina Bo'nina Brown, Silky's sometimes name yodeled by adding more words to the end of her name, typically food ones. Also, sometimes she's called The Reverend Dr. Silky Nutmeg Ganache, Dr. Silky Ganache, or simply Dr. Ganache, by RuPaul due to her looking into studying in a Doctoral Degree. She was commonly referred to as "Dr." Reggie in her visits to her university "Wabash". While Reverend is added because she was a minister of music in her church.
RuPaul's Drag Race
|Season Competed||Season 11|
|Mini-Challenges Won:||3 (Eps. 1, 2, 8)|
|Times as Team Captain:||1 (Ep. 2)|
|Times High:||3 (Eps. 3, 6, 9)|
|Maxi Challenges Won:||2 (Eps. 4, 8)|
|Times Low:||3 (Eps. 5, 10, 12)|
|Times in Bottom Two:||1 (Ep. 11)|
|Episode Eliminated:||Episode 14|
The life of the party, you always know when exuberant "Big Silky" is in the building. But scratch the surface of this gregarious drag queen and you'll find a softer side to Silk – one who was raised in the church, has a Master's Degree in Organizational Leadership and is even on her way to becoming a Doctor of Philosophy. Let's hope her accolades translate into success in the competition.
Silky describes herself as a southern bell who speaks the truth and will always lend a helping hand. She has a larger-than-life personality and is "real as f***." Silky is a fun-loving girl who loves to entertain and embraces her curves.
"Munch-much, crunch-crunch. Silky Ganache is here to eat the lunch."
- "Big Silk got the good ol' milk!"
- "Attitude check!"
- "BITCH! BITCH! HOW YOU DOIN'?!" (to Miley Cyrus during Season 11, Episode 1)
- "Chicken wings, on the brain! That's what I'm all about."
- "Violet Chauski." (pronouncing Violet Chachki's name)
- "Kalani Montrese." (pronouncing Kahanna Montrese's name)
- "I'm sorry that was given a bitch straw to suck."
- "Real big, Ru."
- "When business comes, I'm gonna handle business. But, when it's time for pleasure, I'mma have pleasure."
- "That fan ain't gon' do shit!" (as Missy Armitage in Good God Girl, Get Out!)
- "She's an Instagram ho."
- "I was ready to lip-sync for my motherfucking life today, bitch, I WAS MOTHERFUCKING READY!" (to Yvie Oddly during Untucked)
- "Ho you must go, ho you must go, ho you must go!"
- "For examplah."
- "I wrote this book due to the fact that I was hungry!"
- "The bottom look nice on you, bitch."
- "Ooh my wig."
- "Y'all know I'm a church lady and a pageant queen, BUT BITCH the true tea is Miss Brooke Lynn, you done gave me motherf*cking Soju, the bitch that can't walk in heels, still talk about her mother*cking cysts when you know I'm a struggle bus my damn self. She done set me up." (during the family resemblance challenge in Episode 11 "Bring Back My Queens.")
- "I do my eyebrows with a Sharpie."
- "How dare you Miss Soju, question my skills because I use permanent marker. I can beat a mug. Even when I'm home bitch I make some hoes beautiful. I mean hoes that look like Wesley Snipes, like John C. Riley, hoes that look like Lil' Wayne. I make them hoes look beautiful. It's an honor that I put makeup on your face any day." (in response to Soju's reaction to Silky using permanent marker for her eyebrows.)
- "Now, bitch you been gone from the very beginning, how you know all the tea?" (to Soju during Season 11’s makeover challenge)
- Silky Ganache attended an all-male college, there discovering, through friends, the art of drag.
- She started doing drag with Season 10 contestant Blair St. Clair.
- Ganache's drag mother is Vanessa Ryan.
- Ganache is a Christian.
- To help combat gerrymandering, she's a registered Republican but says she doesn't vote republican.
- Before "RuPaul's Drag Race", she competed in many pageants including "Miss Continental Plus."
- She has a master's degree in Organizational Leadership, and she was looking into a Ph.D. program before going to film the TV show.
- During a pre-Season 11 performance, she jumped on a US Postal Service truck and drove away.
- Her favorite past-contestant is Latrice Royale.
- She was paired with Mariah Balenciaga for Episode 1's photoshoot mini-challenge, which she won.
- She is the first Chicago queen to win Snatch Game.
- She is the third queen to win both the Musical and the Snatch Game in a single season, after Ginger Minj in Season 7 and BenDeLaCreme in All Stars 3.
- Silky is a hurricane Katrina Survivor.
- She, along with Nina West, made it the farthest on Season 11 without having to Lipsync. Both landing in the bottom in episode 11.
- She is the fourth plus sized queen to make it to the finale after Roxxxy Andrews (S5 and AS2), Ginger Minj (S7), and Eureka (S10).
- Silky's Grand Finale look resembles the look Alaska wore during the season reunion of All Stars 2.
- Both of these looks were references to the iconic musical Hairspray.
Season 11 Looks
|2nd: Brooke Lynn Hytes • 3rd/4th: A'keria Chanel Davenport & Silky Nutmeg Ganache|
|5th: Vanessa Vanjie Mateo • 6th: Nina West (Miss Congeniality) • 7th: Shuga Cain • 8th: Plastique Tiara • 9th: Ra'Jah O'Hara • 10th: Scarlet Envy • 11th: Ariel Versace • 12th: Mercedes Iman Diamond • 13th: Honey Davenport • 14th: Kahanna Montrese • 15th: Soju|
|Jason Carter • Bruno Carvalho • Bryce Eilenberg|