Drag Name Origin
College was a very significant time for Soju because it was when she came out to her parents, lost her virginity and had her first alcoholic drink. The name "Soju" comes from a Korean liquor which she drank all throughout college. Soju felt that this was a very fitting name for her new career in the drag world since it represents the time when she began accepting and loving who she truly was.
RuPaul's Drag Race
Raised in Korea, Soju brings Korean influences into her drag, be it colorful crazy K-Pop aesthetics or Taekwondo martial arts weapons. Producer and star of the popular YouTube show Shot With Soju, where queens spill the beans about their time on Drag Race, Soju came into the competition fully prepared for her shot at the crown. However, her first runway creation was criticized for being shapeless and vague, and she landed in the Bottom 2 with Kahanna Montrese. Unfortunately, Kahanna's acrobatic performance outshined her competition and Soju became the first contestant of Season 11 to sashay away.
|Season Competed||Season 11|
|Times as Team Captain:||0|
|Main Challenges Won:||0|
|Times in Bottom Two:||1 (Ep. 1)|
|Episode Eliminated:||Episode 1|
- "I have a cyst, I'm currently oozing."
- "I love drag, but I love boys more''
- "I'm literally leaking as we're speaking"
"I LOVE ALL OF YOU CYSTERS! HAVE FUN ♡ — GUNBAE, BITCHES! SOJU ♡"
- Soju's drag mother is Kahmora Hall.
- She revealed that, during her first time in drag, many people thought she was Kim Chi, who would later help her get drag clothing (as she stated on " Hey Qween!").
- She's best known for her weekly YouTube series, " Shot with Soju".
- She's bilingual (speaks English and Korean).
- She is a taekwondo master, she's able to use weapons like nunchakus (what she did on her entrance, being the 1st contestant to enter brandishing weaponry).
- She is a K-pop fan.
- She shares a birthday with Yara Sofia, India Ferrah and Kenya Michaels (May 8).
- Her favorite past-contestant is All-Star Detox.
- Soju is the first queen to ever place 15th.
- Not counting returning first-outs Vanessa Vanjie Mateo and Shangela, Soju is the most followed first-out contestant on Instagram.
- She was paired with Victoria Parker for the Mini Challenge Photoshoot.
- Much like Kim Chi, her parents do not know she does drag.
- If Soju would have made it to the Snatch Game episode, she would have done Jennifer Coolidge. Renée Zellweger was her second choice.
- As Soju was eliminated first in the first regular season with 15 competitors, she is the lowest ever ranking queen to appear on the show. Because of this, Penny Tration, Kelly Mantle, Magnolia Crawford, Tempest DuJour, Jaymes Mansfield and Vanessa Vanjie Mateo are no longer the lowest ranking queens.
Season 11 Looks
- "So Juicy" (2017)
- "K-Pop Idol Reject" ft. Edward Avila (2018)
- "Coin" ft. Ariel Versace (2019)
- ↑ SOJU & KALORIE KARBDASHIAN joins BOOTLEG FASHION PHOTO RUVIEW for the Season 11 Premiere! on YouTube
|2nd: Brooke Lynn Hytes • 3rd/4th: A'keria Chanel Davenport & Silky Nutmeg Ganache|
|5th: Vanessa Vanjie Mateo • 6th: Nina West (Miss Congeniality) • 7th: Shuga Cain • 8th: Plastique Tiara • 9th: Ra'Jah O'Hara • 10th: Scarlet Envy • 11th: Ariel Versace • 12th: Mercedes Iman Diamond • 13th: Honey Davenport • 14th: Kahanna Montrese • 15th: Soju|
|Jason Carter • Bruno Carvalho • Bryce Eilenberg|