Stacy Layne Matthews is the stage name of Stacy Jones, a drag performer from Backswamp, North Carolina.
Stacy Layne Matthews competed on RuPaul's Drag Race Season 3. After winning one challenge, Stacy was eliminated 6th, placing 8th in the competition overall.
Stacy Layne Matthews was known on the show for her poise, grace, and beauty, as well as her shy, endearing demeanor stemming from her rural background.
RuPaul's Drag Race
|Season Competed||Season 3|
|Mini-Challenges Won:||1 (Ep. 5)|
|Times as Team Captain:||1 (Ep. 5)|
|Times Placed High||2 (Eps. 3, 4)|
|Main Challenges Won:||1 (Ep. 6)|
|Times Placed Low||0|
|Times in Bottom:||2 (Eps. 5, 7)|
|Episode Eliminated||Episode 7|
Stacy Layne Matthews was eliminated in the 7th episode of RuPaul's Drag Race Season 3.
The main challenge was for the queens to execute outfits that represented different cakes. Each queen was assigned a cake by the mini-challenge winner, Carmen Carrera, and was required to create a high-fashion, couture outfit made to look like it. Also, they had to decorate a real cake that represented themselves as queens. Stacy was assigned a red velvet cake.
Even though Stacy's outfit resembled her cake, it was deemed "not couture and well-executed", according to the judges. She fell into the bottom two alongside Alexis Mateo.
Unfortunately, Alexis gave a more energetic and rhythmic performance and thus, Stacy was told to sashay away.
Drag Name Origin
Stacy Layne Matthews got her drag name from a joke someone made about "Stacy Layne". "Matthews" came from her former middle name which was "Matthew".
- "I am definitely a country queen. I live on a dirt road surrounded by cornfields. Can't get more country than that."
- "I'm wearin' a body suit, for God's sake"
- "Spritz stick."
- "That's a lot of fucking money!"
- "Lady Tata will never marry a martian like you!"
- "SHAKE IT! YES! SHAKE IT!"
- "Slow that shit down, I gotta read."
- "PRECIOUS!" (As Mo'Nique in the Snatch Game)
- "MMMHMMM!" (As Mo'Nique in the Snatch Game)
- "Hol' up!" (As Mo'Nique in the Snatch Game)
- "Bitch I'm not improving, I'm here just like you."
- "Cheers, I'm so glad you're here."
- "Who the fuck is Heather? I wanna know."
- "FUCK YOU, RAJA! I WILL WIN."
- "Mama Ru, I need you!"
- "I feel like it's couture..."
- "Never underestimate Stacy Layne Matthews." (about Phoenix)
- "A chicken leg in my face cuz the BITCH KNOW I'M HUNGRY! BITCH KNOW IT! I'M HUNGRY AS HELL!"
- Stacy has been doing drag for over 14 years.
- Stacy was inspired by theater since she was 10 years old.
- Stacy was put in drag for the first time by her cousin.
- Stacy has the lowest placement of any Snatch Game winner, placing 8th overall.
- Stacy is very outgoing in and out of drag.
- Stacy is the very first Native American to compete in Drag Race.
- Stacy is of Native American heritage (Lumbee tribe).
- Stacy is the 2nd contestant from North Carolina to compete in Drag Race.
- Stacy is a transgender woman. She is the 5th queen out of 8 to come out as trans.
- Stacy made appearances on several episodes of All-Stars 4, first in Episode 2 as the musical guest and focus for the main challenge "Super Girl Groups, Henny", and a cameo in Episode 4 as the court stenographer for the main challenge "Jersey Justice", and in the audience of Lady Bunny's funeral roast.
- Following her many All-Stars 4 appearances, she quickly became one of the most demanded queens for the next All Stars season.
- She later revealed that she was cast for All Stars 4, signed a contract, but was replaced while on her vacation.
Season 3 Looks
4th: Yara Sofia (Miss Congeniality) • 5th: Carmen Carrera • 6th: Shangela • 7th: Delta Work • 8th: Stacy Layne Matthews • 9th: Mariah • 10th: India Ferrah • 11th Mimi Imfurst • 12th: Phoenix • 13th: Venus D-Lite
Jason Carter • Shawn Morales