The Loop (TV)
Do you like this video?
Drag Name Origin
She had a bunch of drag names picked out but Symone was the one that stuck.
|Season Competed:||Season 13|
|Maxi Challenges Won:||4 (Eps. 2, 4, 10, 11)|
|Times in Bottom Two:||2 (Eps. 8, 12)|
|Mini Challenges Won:||0|
|Times as Team Captain:||0|
- "Don’t let the smooth taste fool ya baby!" (Entrance Quote)
- "So we might be related...." (To RuPaul)
- "This is not her Janet Jackson moment, it's MINE!"
- "♪ The name's Symone and I'm here for the throne! Beat face and I'm Arkansas grown. The 'Ebony Enchantress' is me! Legs up to my waist and talent you can't replace! ♪" (verse in "ConDragulations")
- "I own 51% of the Flag Fectry!"
- "Come on miss LaLa, you bobbin!"
- "What’s for Dinner?"
- "It's DEBORAH now!" (as Deborah in the Bossy Rossy: After Dark challenge)
- "For me... DEBORAH." (as Deborah in the Bossy Rossy: After Dark challenge)
- "Is it?" (as Deborah in the Bossy Rossy: After Dark challenge)
- "I just thought people gave you money when you gave 'em fellatio!" (as Deborah in the Bossy Rossy: After Dark challenge)
- "I see all this room full of white people up in here I got nervous, when you hear 'em comin' you gotta get low." (as Harriet Tubman in the Snatch Game)
- "FOR FREEDOOOOM!" (As Harriet Tubman in the Snatch Game)
- "I just put myself on the 100 dollar bill, how 'bout that." (As Harriet Tubman in the Snatch Game)
- "Jennifer Lewis! Not Jennifer Lawrence!" (As Harriet Tubman in the Snatch Game)
- "Let's see how this one turns out, America!"
- "Are you a stick in the mud? Do you take life too seriously? Is yo blood suga low?" (during her Sweet Toof commercial in the Pop! Goes The Queens challenge)
- "Now this drink ain't for the faint of heart, baby! No, seriously, I had two cardiac arrests on the way here." (during her Sweet Toof commercial in the Pop! Goes The Queens challenge)
- "♪ Everybody's got a sweet toof! ♪" (during her Sweet Toof commercial in the Pop! Goes The Queens challenge)
- "♪ (Ahh) You wanna, wanna taste of me? (Ahh) I'm the mothertuckin' Ebony...Enchantress, it took a minute, oh, but now I see. (Ahh) I'm the Sugar Honey Iced Tea, (Ahh) I got the fashion, beauty, and the brains. You see that crown? Oh, baby, that's for me. ♪" (Verse in Lucky)
- "Growing up in Arkansas—Conway, Arkansas—I believed all those negative things that people said about me. But I kept going forward, and I said something—There's something thereout there in this world that I'm good at, and I found drag. Throughout these weeks, I've fought and I've shown myself and I took down the wall that I built up to protect myself. And I feel like my drag is really inspirational. There are a million and one Reggies out there who need somebody like me. I'm a beautiful person, and I'm willing to fight for what is mine. And, um, that's why I'm America's next drag superstar." (her speech as to why she should be crowned America's Next Drag Superstar)
- "We’ve got Kandalisa joining us later..." (referring to Kandy Muse on Symone Says... a series apart of House of Avalon’s Twitch Channel)
- Symone is Gigi Goode's drag sister. They are both members of the House of Avalon.
- Symone appeared as a background dancer in Gigi's Werq The World livestream performance, making her the first queen to be involved in Werq The World before being on Drag Race.
- For her promo look, Symone wore a wig that was styled for her by Gigi Goode.
- Symone is the first Drag Race contestant to wear grills in her promo.
- Symone is a HUGE fan of Harry Potter, her Hogwarts house is Gryffindor and her favourite character is Bellatrix Lestrange.
- She also has a collection of Harry Potter replica wands.
- Symone is the first Drag Race contestant from Arkansas.
- Symone was the first Top Toot of the week from Season 13 on Fashion Photo RuView.
- Janet Jackson featured her lipsync against Tamisha Iman in her Instagram stories. Ariana Grande also featured her lipsync against Utica Queen in her Instagram stories.
- Symone is the seventh Black contestant to win the second episode in consecutive seasons, after Shangela (in AS3), The Vixen (in S10), Monét X Change (in AS4), Yvie Oddly (in S11), Jaida Essence Hall (in S12) and Shea Couleé (in AS5).
- A majority of Symone's hair is styled by Gigi Goode
- During Season 13, Symone broke several records by winning a Lip Sync for Your Life in Episode 1, a Lip Sync for the Win in Episode 2, and a Maxi Challenge in Episode 4:
- She became the first Drag Race contestant to have a perfect track record by their third episode competing.
- She became the first Drag Race contestant to earn three different kinds of wins in three consecutive episodes competing.
- She became the first Drag Race contestant to win the first two Maxi Challenges she competed in on a regular season.
- She became the third Drag Race contestant on a regular season to win two Maxi Challenges by the third competitive episode, after Alexis Mateo in Season 3 and Sharon Needles in Season 4.
- However, she is the first to do so by her second episode competing.
- Symone is the only American queen to have won the Maxi Challenge on two separate sets of consecutive competitive episodes within the same season, winning Episodes 2 & 4 (as Symone did not compete on Episode 3) and Episodes 10 & 11. She is the second queen in the franchise to do so, the first being Bimini Bon-Boulash on UK Season 2.
- She is the first queen on a regular season to have won her 4th challenge prior to the final competitive episode of her season.
- She is the first queen in the US Version of Drag race to win 4 Challenges in her 9th competitive Episode (not counting All Stars).
- She is the first queen overall to win 4 challenges and place in the bottom two more than once.
- She is the eighth queen to win four challenges in the franchise, following Sharon Needles, Shea Couleé, Angele Anang, Kandy Zyanide, Gigi Goode, Envy Peru, and Bimini Bon-Boulash.
Season 13 Looks
|Gottmik • Kandy Muse • Rosé • Symone • 5th: Olivia Lux • 6th: Utica Queen • 7th: Tina Burner • 8th: Denali • 9th: Elliott with 2 Ts • 10th: LaLa Ri • 11th: Tamisha Iman • 12th: Joey Jay • 13th: Kahmora Hall|
|RuPaul • Michelle Visage • Carson Kressley • Ross Mathews|
|Jason Carter • Bruno Carvalho • Bryce Eilenberg|
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.