Tatianna is the stage name of Joey Santolini, an American drag performer, hair stylist, make-up artist and performing artist hailing from Falls Church, Virginia. She is best known for being a contestant on Season 2 of RuPaul's Drag Race.
Tatianna was revealed to be a contestant for the second season of RuPaul's Drag Race All Stars, where she was eliminated on episode 2. Due to a twist that occurred on episode 5, Tatianna returned to the competition alongside previously-eliminated queen; Alyssa Edwards.
She was eventually eliminated by Alaska in episode 6. Her elimination caused an uproar among fans and she is widely regarded as one of the breakout stars of All Stars 2.
- 1 About
- 2 RuPaul's Drag Race
- 3 Elimination
- 4 Drag Name Origin
- 5 Entrance
- 6 Memorable Quotes
- 7 Farewell Message
- 8 Trivia
- 9 Gallery
- 10 Lip Syncs
- 11 Social Media
- 12 Navigation
Tatianna was known as one of the most controversial queens of Season 2 and was often complimented as the "prettiest" or "fishiest" of her season.
Tatianna was also often looked down on by her competitors in Season 2, especially Raven, for being the youngest queen and even the prettiest of the season.
Tatianna served glamour and fish, but was criticized for not having fashion-forward outfits and extravagant performances. However, she was highly praised and won the Snatch Game challenge for her Britney Spears performance. Other queens don't think she deserved the win.
RuPaul's Drag Race
|Season Competed||Season 2||All Stars 2|
|Ranking:||4th Place||6th Place|
|Mini-Challenges Won:||1 (Ep. 8)||0|
|Times as Team Captain:||0||0|
|Times Placed High||1 (Ep. 8)||0|
|Main Challenges Won:||1 (Ep. 4)||2 (Eps. 1, 5)|
|Times Placed Low||1 (Ep. 5)||0|
|Times in Bottom:||2 (Eps. 7, 9)||2 (Eps. 2, 6)|
|Episode Eliminated||Episode 9||Episodes 2 & 6|
Tatianna was eliminated on the ninth episode of Drag Race, "The Diva Awards".
The challenge was to come up with a lip-sync number to kick off the Diva Awards and create three distinct looks for the runway that represent the Diva Awards...
- Look 1 - "Teen Diva Awards" – where the queens had to create a fashion-foward outfit that represents a teenager superstar. - This was Tatianna's best look according to the judges.
- Look 2 - "Diva DC Press Awards" – where the queens had to serve some "executive realness" looks – Tatianna chose a Sarah Palin-type look.
- Look 3 - "Diva Hollywood Extravaganza Awards" – Where the queens had to create a fashion-forward outfit to wear on the Red Carpet in Hollywood. A part of the challenge was to be interviewed by "The Freak Show's" James st. James in their hollywood outfits and how they feel to be in Hollywood.
So Jujubee and Tatianna both fell into the bottom two and had to lip-sync for their lives to "Something He Can Feel" by Aretha Franklin. Tatianna unfortunately did not give the right feel to the song in the lip-sync and was outshined by Jujubee's energy during the performance, so Tatianna was sent home.
Drag Name Origin
Joey was one day browsing through his CD collections and found the artist "Tatyana Ali". Joey thought it was cute and stuck with "Tatianna" ever since.
- waves and smiles*
All Stars 2 (Episode 1)
All Stars 2 (Episode 5)
"What's up, hookers!"
- "Thank you!"
- "I'm sweet in the streets and you know, a freak in the sheets."
- "I'll forgive but I won't forget the comments Sonique said, especially where she said "I'm not a threat". Well I am a threat now, because, I won, and you got sent home."
- "The only thing Beyoncé's done funny is fall."
- "Um, I don't think you're seeing that Tyra is a complete bitch."
- "I'm so glad someone finally said something about Morgan 's... WHORENESS."
- "She has this diva attitude, like she's America's Sweetheart, but she's not." (regarding Tyra Sanchez)
- "You know you really shouldn't play the victim. It doesn't suit you, you don't do it well." (to Tyra Sanchez)
- "And I don't like you. Are you happy? I don't like you." (to Tyra Sanchez during Untucked in Season 2 episode "Here Comes the Bride")
- "You're insecure. No one secure about their own images has to put people down the way you do." (to Raven during the reunion)
- "Shut the fuck up!"
- "Raven all of a sudden decided she wants to BLOSSOM, verbally. The sparkling 30 years she's got behind her, there's just so much there that she just can't hold it in."
- "Your outside is gorgeous Raven, but your insides are dark and nasty. And I don't like you."
- "NO, I am not the Rebecca Glasscock of the second season."
- "I am not done talking yet. You will speak when I'm done." (to Raven during the reunion)
- "Think that I'm a door mat, think it, and when you find out a little bit more down the road, THINK WHAT YOU WANT!" (in response to Morgan McMichaels during Untucked in Season 2 episode "Country Queens")
- "Why are you talking?!"
- "You need to get over this Beyoncé thing."
- RuPaul: "Slutty Sally is so slutty, last time I took a ride on her disco stick, I got blank!" Tatianna: "I got lost!" (as Britney Spears on Snatch Game)
All Stars 2
- "Thank you!"
- "I finally got to listen to Anus (Alaska's album), and I get it, cause it sounds like what my anus does after eating Mexican." - Reading Alaska
- "Nothing has changed you, or your overbite." - Reading Alyssa Edwards
- "People at the party and I'm wanting to dance. Other ugly ass bitches ain't standing no chance. Dudes looking at me like they wanna get in my pants. Come on, bitch, see me with them hands. See me with them hands. His back on the wall, my ass on his HUH. Grinding for a second...his stuff's getting thick. He doesn't know it, but I'm getting firm too. Cuz boys really need to know before calling me boo. Because what you see, isn't always the truth. Say it with me, what you see, isn't always the truth. Thank you. Because baby boy, I got all the same parts that you do. The same parts. The same parts. The same parts... - Tatianna's Spoken Words performance in the All Stars Talent Show
- "You're welcome." - responds in deeper voice to RuPaul
- "We all make choices, but that was a CHOICE." - Tatianna on Coco Montrese's dance number.
- "What's up hookers!" - All Stars 2 second entrance
- "I picked Detox, because she's funny, she's dirty, and she's not Phi Phi or Roxxxy... choices!"
- "Thank you all so much for coming to tonight's event. It's a benefit for babies battling bulimia." - opening the comedy duo challenge
- "I used to have braces." - to Detox on the comedy duo challenge
- "Stupid bitch" - On her ad for her Tatianna's Tea Set
- "She's a fucking cunt." - On her ad for her Tatianna's Tea Set
- "Hashtag choices!" - at the All Stars 2 Reunion
"Do you 2 the FULLEST! Love TATI ♡"
- Before gaining a full career in drag, Joey worked as a hair stylist.
- She started dressing in drag at the age of 14, and would go to school in drag on big occasions, such as Halloween and Homecoming.
- She was suspended multiple times throughout school for beating up her bullies.
- Tatianna is 6'5" in heels.
- She is often assumed to be Latino, despite being of mixed Black and Italian descent.
- She lives and performs in the Washington D.C. area, and is a castmember at Town Dance Boutique along with drag queens Ba'Naka and Shi Queeta Lee.
- Her favorite diva is Britney Spears.
- Her favorite type of men are Latino men.
- She has thought about transitioning in the past, but decided against it.
- Her favorite colors are purple, black, and blue.
- She is the first queen to be eliminated a total of 3 times within both the regular series and All Stars series. The second queen to accomplish this was Alyssa Edwards. Morgan McMichaels and Shangela became the third and fourth queens to accomplish this in All Stars 3.
- She is the first queen to win the Snatch Game and later be eliminated from it.
- On All Stars 2, she was either winning a challenge or being eliminated. (Wins: Ep 1 and Ep 5) (Elim: Ep 2 and Ep 6)
- In late May, 2017, Tatianna's phone number was leaked by Tyra Sanchez on her Instagram. As a result, Tatianna posted Tyra's number on her Instagram account as revenge for leaking her number.
- In the After Elimination video on LogoTV's YouTube, Tatianna's outfit is shown for the 'Baddest Bitches of Herstory' challenge on All Stars 2.
- Tatianna appeared in Taylor Swift's music video for You Need to Calm Down.
- Tatianna was arrested in October of 2019, as released by TMZ.
- Tatianna had to lie about her age in order to enter Season 2, as she was actually 20 at the time of episode airing, making her the youngest queen to ever compete on the US show, the youngest queen overall being Morrigan, who was 18 during filming time.
- Tatianna's Talent Show performance was never rehearsed; in an interview, she revealed that The Same Parts was not her original plan and decided to change it the night before the performance.
- Tatianna is the only returning queen on an All Stars season to not place 5th.
- Tatianna appeared on 'Watch What Happens Live with Andy Cohen' alongside Jaida Essence Hall and Shea Couleé.
- Tatianna is the first queen to win the first challenge and be in the bottom two/three for the second challenge on an All Stars season (followed by Monique Heart in All Stars 4 and India Ferrah in All Stars 5).
- However, Monique and India were not eliminated.
- Monique and Tatianna had also respectively won a second challenge, and were in the bottom again for a consecutive time.
Season 2 Looks
All Stars 2 Looks
4th: Tatianna • 5th: Pandora Boxx (Miss Congeniality) • 6th: Jessica Wild • 7th: Sahara Davenport • 8th: Morgan McMichaels • 9th: Sonique • 10th: Mystique Summers Madison • 11th: Nicole Paige Brooks • 12th: Shangela Laquifa Wadley
Emanuel Palmer • Max "The Body" Philisaire
Jason Carter • Miles Davis Moody • Bryce Eilenberg