The Werk Room is a room on RuPaul's Drag Race where contestants perform mini-challenges, and prepare for or work on main challenges and runway presentations. This is where contestants put together and create costumes, apply wigs and make-up, and prepare for the day's main challenges and elimination ceremonies. The room has changed several times throughout the duration of the show, most notably on Season 2, Season 10, and Season 13.
Drag Race Franchise
Queen of Drags
See: The Werk Room/Queen of Drags
- The Werk Room contains 4 boxes which are all filled with various fabrics.
- The bricks in the Werk Room are fake, and are in fact just printed vinyl. At certain points during the show you may see the walls move if an object or contestant gets too close and causes an air current.
- Trixie Mattel is the only contestant to walk in first twice, on All Stars 3 and on the Holi-Slay Spectacular.
- The 1st, 10th, 20th, 30th, 40th, 50th, 60th, 70th, 80th, 90th, 100th, 110th, 120th, 130th, 140th, 150th, and 160th queen to enter the US version of the Werk Room all didn't win their season.
- Season 1: Shannel (1st Queen)
- Season 2: Nicole Paige Brooks (10th Queen) & Pandora Boxx (20th Queen)
- Season 3: Alexis Mateo (30th Queen)
- Season 4: Alisa Summers (40th Queen)
- Season 5: Serena Cha Cha (50th Queen) & Coco Montrese (60th Queen)
- Season 6: Joslyn Fox (70th Queen)
- Season 7: Katya (80th Queen)
- Season 8: Cynthia Lee Fontaine (90th Queen) & Derrick Barry (100th Queen)
- Season 9: Kimora Blac (110th Queen)
- Season 10: Mayhem Miller (120th Queen)
- Season 11: Mercedes Iman Diamond (130th Queen) & Soju (140th Queen)
- Season 12: Sherry Pie (150th Queen)
- Season 13: Gottmik (160th Queen)
- In All Stars 4 and Season 11, the top 4 enters in a row in the Werk Room.
- From Season 8 to Season 13, UK Season 2, Canada Season 1, and Down Under Season 1, the queen who enters first appeared in a Music Video / Rumix. This does not include Drag Race Holland 1, which did not have a Music Video/Rumix challenge. Some appear in the Finale Challenge.
- Season 8: Naomi Smalls (The Realness)
- All Stars 2: Katya (Read U Wrote U)
- Season 9: Peppermint (Category Is)
- All Stars 3: Trixie Mattel (Drag Up Your Life & Kitty Girl)
- Season 10: Eureka (American)
- All Stars 4: Monique Heart (Super Queen)
- Season 11: Vanessa Vanjie Mateo (Queens Everywhere)
- UK Season 1: Baga Chipz (Break Up Bye Bye (Frock Destroyers) & Rock It (To the Moon))
- Season 12: Brita (I'm That Bitch) and Rock M. Sakura (You Don't Know Me)
- All Stars 5: Shea Coulee (Clap Back)
- Canada Season 1: Priyanka (U Wear It Well)
- Season 13: Kandy Muse (Condragulations & Lucky)
- UK Season 2: Lawrence Chaney (UK Hun? (United Kingdolls) & A Little Bit Of Love)
- Down Under Season 1: Art Simone (Queens Down Under & You're a Winner Baby)
- España Season 1: Arantxa Castilla La Mancha (Las Cinco y Cuarto)
- Drag Race España and Drag Race Thailand are the only international franchise whose Werk Room does not feature a RuPaul portrait.
- The artwork featured in Canada's Drag Race's werk room were made by Art of Phade
- Drag Race Italia is the second franchise to not use the brick wall, instead they use purple and pink tiles
- Art of Phade Instagram https://www.instagram.com/p/CVS6yTPgl3k/