Drag Name Origin
Her name is a play on "tea or coffee?" As part of her initial entrance confessional, Tia joked that she named herself after Tia Mowry from "Sister Sister" and former Secretary-General of the United Nations, Kofi Annan.
|Seasons Competed:||UK Season 2|
|Maxi Challenges Won:||0|
|Mini Challenges Won:||1 (Ep. 2)|
|Times as Team Captain:||0|
|Times in Bottom Two:||3 (Eps. 3, 5, 6)|
|Episode Eliminated:||Episode 6|
UK Season 2
- "It is finally time to spill the Tia. RUVEAL...! It's not a ruveal, soz..." (entrance quote)
- "Oh my god, it is finally happening!" (second entrance quote, after breakout)
- "I’m Tia Kofi, and I am a lovely brown caffeinated beverage! Drink it up. Delicious!"
- "Are you having a laugh?" (to A'Whora)
- "Did I finish my degree? Not so much, but it was philosophy, that was basically just thinking. I can do that, don’t worry about it."
- "I'm excited to see everyone getting out of drag! They all look quite different. Ginny looks the same, but everyone else looks quite different!"
- “She’s camp, she’s glamour, she’s also a mess.” (In Meet the Queens)
- "I am serving you Robin Hood realness. And d’you know what else? I’m serving you a lot of leg. You’re welcome."
- "Whoever won by playing safe? Except in the context of sexual health."
- "Lawrence, you haven't said much which is a first!"
- "I am serving you...an adequate dress...made of material that is on my body. Vintage? No. Elegant? No! Still stuck on me? Just about! The judges seem vaguely amused by what is happening before them, and I'm okay with that."
- "I think you're gonna say: It's stunning and you should've been in the top, because is a sensational garment, and in fact, you wanna wear it yourself because it's so well constructed." (to Michelle Visage when asked about her "Who Wore it Best?" runway)
- "Oooh, that looks delicious! It'd go perfect with your afternoon Tia!"
- ♪"You're a camp cow, you're a camp cow, stunning! I'ma hit the ground, gonna hit the ground running. Call me Miss Kofi, but girl, there's no filter. The glamourous geek who will throw you off kilter. I'ma take the crown, just wait and I'll show ya. Slayin' the UK, from the Shetlands to Dover. I'm the queen, when the beat hits, better face it. That'll be the last time you ever call me basic."♪ (verse on UK Hun? by Bananadrama)
- "I did try and learn a bit of Dutch so I don't have to read the subtitles on Drag Race Holland, and then Dutch was like, hard? So I didn't learn that much!"
- "One of my favourite phrases is: 'Neuken in de keuken!', which means: 'fuck in the kitchen!'"
- "That’s a new nose, new cheeks, new teeth, who dis?"
- "No, I just have a really fat ass"
- "Are you sure? Are you sure- I don't have any plans or anything... are you sure? Alright." (after being told to sashay away)
- "Don't shed a Tia, I guess Ru just ordered his Kofi to go?" (exit quote)
"You're all camp cows! Be proud. Be kind. Give it 100% #Tiawozrobbed x"
- Tia was one of the six contestants who were leaked by Michelle Visage before the Drag Race UK Series 2 cast was officially announced.
- Tia started drag the same day and at the same venue as Sum Ting Wong. Coincidentally, they both went home during Snatch Game and placed 7th overall.
- Tia is the first UK queen to survive two lipsyncs for your life. She was followed soon after by her Series 2 sister Tayce.
- She is the second UK queen to win two lipsyncs, after The Vivienne, who won a lipsync for your life and the final lipsync for the crown.
- In the 7 month filming gap Tia Kofi appeared in Rich T Events "Thru The Queer Hole" Digital Drag Show alongside her Season 2 sisters: Bimini Bon-Boulash, Sister Sister, Cherry Valentine and Ginny Lemon.
- Tia, as Lawrence, appeared in the 2004 film Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban.
- During her PopBuzz interview, Tia jokingly said Graham Norton should be season 2's Miss Congeniality.
UK Season 2 Looks
- RuPaul's Drag Race UK Season 2, as contestant, placed 7th. (2021)
|2nd & 3rd: Bimini Bon-Boulash (Miss Congeniality) & Tayce • 4th: Ellie Diamond|
|5th: A'Whora • 6th: Sister Sister • 7th: Tia Kofi • 8th: Joe Black • 9th: Veronica Green (Departed) • 10th: Ginny Lemon (Quit) • 11th: Asttina Mandella • 12th: Cherry Valentine|
|RuPaul • Michelle Visage • Alan Carr • Graham Norton|
|Ashraf Ejjabair • Bass Eniafe • Tony Fordham|