Trinity Kardashian Bonet is the stage name of Joshua Jones, an American drag performer best known for being a contestant on Season 6 of RuPaul's Drag Race.
Drag Name Origin
Her little sister said she looked like Trinity from The Matrix. She loves the Kardashian family as she thinks they are fashion forward. Her drag mother was the late Byanka Monroe. Trinity is also a member of the House of Bonet from Atlanta.
RuPaul's Drag Race
During the show, Trinity was known for being moody and closed off with the other contestants during the show. Whenever she struggled with the main challenges, she often would comment that the challenges were outside her comfort zone and skill set. She also had some tension with fellow contestant Bianca Del Rio, who liked to criticize her, along with other contestants. Trinity revealed in an episode of "Untucked" that she is HIV positive, which was received with much support from fellow contestants. Bianca commended her for being brave enough to share her status and explained that her moody introvert behavior may have been a result of her keeping her status as a secret.
In the episode "Glamazon by Colorevolution", Trinity was paired with Bianca to create a commercial for RuPaul's new cosmetics line, which targeted "working women." In the commercial, Bianca played a middle-class businesswoman with multiple children, while Trinity played a street hooker. Although Bianca had stated earlier in the season that she didn't want to work with Trinity, Bianca became very helpful and encouraging to Trinity, which helped her "break out of her shell." The judges were very surprised at how well Trinity did in this challenge, with both Trinity and Bianca receiving positive reviews.In the episode "Comedy Queens", Trinity delivered a well received comedic routine, which made RuPaul cry. RuPaul stated that she was so proud of Trinity's improvement in the competition.In Episode 9, the "RuPaul Talk Show" challenge, Trinity interviewed singer Georgia Holt and her grandson Chaz Bono, calling him "Chad" multiple times, without being corrected. She received poor reviews from the judges and placed in the bottom two.
Trinity was eliminated in 7th place after having lip-synced against Adore Delano to "Vibeology" and lost.
|Season Competed||Season 6|
|Mini-Challenges Won:||1 (Ep. 2)|
|Times as Team Captain:||0|
|Times Placed High||4 (Eps. 2, 3, 7, 8)|
|Main Challenges Won:||0|
|Times Placed Low||0|
|Times in Bottom:||3 (Eps. 4, 6, 9)|
|Episode Eliminated||Episode 9|
- "No." (in response to Milk)
- "Relax, relax. Take it down to a two." (to Laganja Estranja)
- ”Is that really how Rachel Zoe really talks? No? Oh, that’s unfortunate...” (Referring to Laganja Estranja‘s Snatch Game)
- Trinity appeared in Taylor Swift's music video for "You Need to Calm Down."
- Trinity is the second contestant in the series history to come out as being HIV positive (Ongina from Season 1 being the first).
- Trinity has been dubbed the "Lip-Sync Assassin" of her season.
- Trinity's favorite color is blue.
- Trinity's favorite food is spaghetti.
- Trinity's favorite artist is Anita Baker.
- Trinity is the first queen to never receive a "boot" on Fashion Photo RuView.
- Trinity's biography from her website:
- Joshua was born in Jacksonville, FL but spent most of his childhood in sunny Miami, Fl with his mother, Veronica and baby sister, Danielle. Joshua's love for drag came while attending a drag pageant held in a public flea market in Miami, FL in 2005, Miss Flea Market International. After seeing the guys compete as girls, Josh knew he wanted to pursue a career as a drag persona. A brief discussion took place and Josh's mom later purchased makeup, hair, and shoes, "Josh's Drag Starter Kit", for him to follow his dreams. At the humble age of 16, Josh relocated from Florida to Atlanta, GA where Trinity K. Bonet was created. Since moving to Atlanta, Trinity has performed as a cast member on many of the cities premiere drag shows including The Legendary Stars of the Century and Blake's on the Park. Trinity is also well noted for her pageantry accomplishments. At the age of 22, Trinity was casted to compete on RuPaul's Drag Race Season 6. She didn't win the season, but won the hearts of fans across the world.
Season 6 Looks
4th: Darienne Lake • 5th: BenDeLaCreme (Miss Congeniality) • 6th Joslyn Fox • 7th: Trinity K. Bonet • 8th: Laganja Estranja • 9th: Milk • 10th: Gia Gunn • 11th: April Carrión • 12th: Vivacious • 13th & 14th: Kelly Mantle & Magnolia Crawford
Jason Carter • Shawn Morales • Miles Davis Moody • Simon Sherry-Wood