Venus D-Lite is the stage name of Adam Guerra, an American drag performer, actor, dancer, Madonna impersonator, and one of the Season 3 contestants of RuPaul's Drag Race, where she was eliminated first, placing 13th in the competition overall.
RuPaul's Drag Race
|Season Competed:||Season 3|
|Maxi Challenges Won:||0|
|Times Placed High:||0|
|Times as Team Captain:||0|
|Times Placed Low:||0|
|Times in Bottom Two:||1 (Ep. 2)|
|Episode Eliminated:||Episode 2|
Venus D-Lite was only on her season for a short time, as she left on the 2nd episode, which was technically the first competitive episode.
The mini challenge was to jump on a trampoline in drag for a Christmas photoshoot, while the main challenge was to come up with a Christmas-Couture, fashion-forward outfit and present it on the main stage.
For the main challenge, the queens had to walk out in the city of Los Angeles in full drag on the way to a local thrift store; where they could spend up to $50, and shop within 10 minutes, to grab any clothes and accessories for their runway outfits. On the runway, Venus was criticized for having a poorly-executed outfit. According to Michelle Visage and Vanessa Williams, Venus's best part of the outfit was her Christmas bow-decorated ponytail. The rest of her outfit did not appeal to the judges, so Venus fell into the bottom two against Shangela and lip-synced to Vanessa Williams's "Right Stuff".
One of the most critical causes of Venus's elimination was because of being unnecessarily rough with Shangela during the lip-sync. Venus was shoving, and dragging Shangela across the stage by her lampshade skirt and tried to get in the spotlight by going in front of Shangela. She also threw her ponytail across the stage.
Overall, Venus was the first out of 13 contestants to go home.
Drag Name Origin
At the moment of starting drag, she was young and poor and didn't have a computer nor internet, so she would go to Kinkos to check her e-mail. On the radio was the song "Venus" by Bananarama was on the radio and after hearing the verse "And Venus was her name…", she thought that would be a very cool name. She went home to her boyfriend and he helped come up with the last name D-Lite.
- "You can be my friend or you can be my enemy, just say it to my face."
- "That's shady to me."
- "I do lots of characters, but I've had plastic surgery to look more like Madonna."
- "I don't think you can be the next Drag Superstar with no confidence."
- "You're under the microscope now, bitch."
- "Me, and then the bitches stole it."
- Adam is of Italian descent.
- Besides Madonna, one of her idols is Marilyn Monroe, and her favorite diva is Toni Braxton.
- Venus started doing drag in 2002.
- Her first performance in drag was as Marilyn Monroe on the 40th Anniversary of Monroe's death.
- Venus has had facial procedures done on his cheekbones and chin to look like Madonna.
- She was influenced by Viva Sex, a legendary Southern California entertainer.
- She buys her male and drag persona’s clothing at thrift stores.
- She was on Ricki Lake's Talkshow as Madonna, performing "Like a Virgin".
- She appeared in Christina Aguilera's video, "Hurt" in 2006.
- She appeared on E! show "Botched", in the episode "Like a Surgeon", where she wanted to receive a rhinoplasty to further look like Madonna.
- On 2014, Venus appeared on TLC's "My Strange Addiction" in season 6's sixth episode "Grandma Lover/Addicted to Being Madonna".
- She is the drag mother to queens Azpheria Cotura and Affenia Cotura.
- She is the least followed queen of Season 3.
- She is well known for impersonating Madonna.
- She expressed dismay at the fact that she was not invited for Season 12's Madonna Rusical.
Season 3 Looks
4th: Yara Sofia (Miss Congeniality) • 5th: Carmen Carrera • 6th: Shangela • 7th: Delta Work • 8th: Stacy Layne Matthews • 9th: Mariah • 10th: India Ferrah • 11th Mimi Imfurst • 12th: Phoenix • 13th: Venus D-Lite
Jason Carter • Shawn Morales