Victoria "Porkchop" Parker is the stage name of Victor Bowling, a female illusionist from Raleigh, North Carolina. She was born on January 16, 1969. She is the winner of Miss Continental Plus 2000.
According to the first episode of Drag Race, Porkchop started doing drag on January 16, 1987. She started as "Victoria René Parker" since a pageant girl had to have three names in the '80s and '90s.
Her given name is Victor, so it was natural for her drag name to be Victoria. Parker is from a former Miss North Carolina "Joni Bennett Parker". She got "Porkchop" from making good fried pork chops and her drag mother Carmella Marcella Garcia saying Victoria loved her fried pork chops.
In her introduction video for Drag Race, she described herself as "Diva, Charismatic, and Talented", as the queens were required to describe three words about themselves.
Before Drag Race
Parker is a very successful Pageant Queen, having attended over 200 pageants and winning over 100 of them. She has also won four national titles including Miss Continental Plus in 2000.
She was also featured in the documentary Pageant in 2008.
RuPaul's Drag Race
|Season Competed||Season 1|
|Times as Team Captain:||0|
|Times Placed High||0|
|Main Challenges Won:||0|
|Times Placed Low||0|
|Times in Bottom:||1 (Ep. 1)|
|Episode Eliminated||Episode 1|
Porkchop was fifth to enter the workroom and got along well with the other queens. She enjoyed the visuals of both the Pit Crew and Mike Ruiz. In the first mini-challenge, a car wash themed photoshoot with the pit crew, Victoria spent a lot of time flirting and looking at the models instead of the camera, which she was later criticized for by the judges.
The main challenge was called "Drag on a Dime" where the queens had to make a fashionable outfit made from items from a dollar store. Porkchop mentioned in confessionals that her sewing skills went as far as sewing on buttons. While creating her dress, Porkchop opened up to the other contestants about how different the past drag scene was, explaining how she's been shot at and attacked for being a female impersonator.
Porkchop's dress was criticized for being disjointed, being described as looking like "a football field" by fellow contestant Akashia.
Victoria "Porkchop" Parker was eliminated on the 1st episode of RuPaul's Drag Race.
The cause of her elimination was the fact that she couldn't sew a whole dress together. Victoria confessed that her final outfit was the first outfit she has ever made, and RuPaul addressed that as a part of why Victoria was in the bottom two, alongside Akashia. Victoria also accidentally stumbled on the runway while lip-syncing for her life which caused her to be the first queen to ever sashay away.
After Season 1
Porkchop has appeared in the audience of almost every Grand Finale of RuPaul's Drag Race, usually greeted by RuPaul with a "Hey Porkchop" and an "I always have a seat for you." She has become somewhat of a legend within the Drag Race universe and has been referenced many times.
Porkchop appeared in the audience of All Stars 2's comedy show where she gave a disgusted and bored reaction to the routines, which resulted in a viral meme. She was also referenced in Winner Alaska's Read U Wrote U verse "Who's that bitch that's on the top? Oh wait that's me, hey Porkchop!"
- "Victoria is very different from Victor, Victoria is very outgoing, very flirtatious, she likes to meet men, she likes to entertain, and I can do things as Victoria, that I could never get away with as Victor."
- "I want a snickers!"
- "I'm hungry!"
- "Would you fuck me? I'd fuck me."
- Victoria's goal is to entertain, have fun on stage, and please the audience. Victoria wants to make the people in the audience forget their problems and enjoy her performances and the show for a good couple of hours.
- Victoria has been performing and entertaining since a very young age. Victoria is experienced in not only female impersonation but also in show choir, theatre, and acting.
- Victoria believes that Drag and Female Impersonation have two different meanings. Victoria defined drag as "Dressed as Girl", and one that goes out to a gay bar dressed as a woman to have a good time, while female impersonation meant to her "a male dressed as a woman for entertainment purposes."
- Victoria defines herself as a female impersonator, not only because of its meaning but because it's a career, it's something fun she does for a living, and when she goes home, she takes off her makeup and lives her life as a man.
- Victoria's most memorable moment was winning a pageant a year prior to entering the show, performing alongside Erica Dunlap, the former Miss Real America. Porkchop addressed that she and Erica wore matching costumes as well.
- Victoria said if she were to look like anyone, it would be Elizabeth Taylor as she is one of her idols and Porkchop always found Elizabeth a beautiful and fabulous diva.
- Porkchop's other idols include Bob Mackie.
- Victoria had acid thrown on her face outside of a gay bar back in the late 80s while doing an impersonation. She had to be rushed to the Emergency Room in drag.
- She had silicone injections done by an unlicensed nurse in 1999, resulting in Granuloma.
- Victoria won over 100 pageants, although attending over 200 of them & won over 4 National titles.
- Victoria was crowned Miss Continental Plus in 2000 and Miss Gay International Plus in 2005. Victoria was first runner-up to Necole Luv Dupree in the 2002 National Entertainer of the Year pageant.
- Along with Alyssa Edwards, she appeared in the 2008 documentary, "Pageant," a film documenting five men competing in the Miss Gay America pageant.
- Victoria, in Drag Race, is the first...
- ...queen from North Carolina.
- ...plus-sized queen to compete.
- ...queen to ever be eliminated.
- Victoria is the highest placing queen to be eliminated first, placing 9th on her season.
- Victoria was the oldest queen to compete on Season 1. She is the 3rd oldest drag queen to compete on the show after Tempest DuJour and Charlie Hides.
- Donald Trump has blocked her on Twitter.
- Victoria won the very first RuPaul's Drag Con Pageant. First eliminated competed for the crown in this pageant (Coco Montrese, Naysha Lopez, Pandora Boxx, Tempest DuJour, Vanessa Vanjie Mateo).
- Victoria lip-synced alongside both Vanessa Vanjie Mateo and Monét X Change during the Season 10 finale.
Season 1 Looks
|2009||RuPaul's Drag Race: Season 1||Herself (Contestant)||Eliminated in 9th.|
|2012||RuPaul's Drag Race: Season 4||Guest (Audience)||Episode: "Reunion"|
|2013||RuPaul's Drag Race: Season 5||Guest (Audience)||Episode: "Reunited!"|
|2014||RuPaul's Drag Race: Season 6||Guest (Audience)||Episode: "The Finale"|
|2015||RuPaul's Drag Race: Season 7||Guest (Audience)||Episode: "Grand Finale"|
|2 Broke Girls||Protester||Episode: "And the Inside Outside Situation"|
|2015 MTV Video Music Awards||Herself||Dancer for Miley Cyrus|
|2016||RuPaul's Drag Race: Season 8||Guest (Audience)||Episode: "Grand Finale"|
|RuPaul's Drag Race All Stars: Season 2||Guest (Audience)||Episode: "Revenge of the Queens"|
|Botched: Season 3||Herself||Episode: "Double D-Saster"|
|2017||RuPaul's Drag Race: Season 9||Herself (Contestant)||Episode: "Grand Finale"|
|2018||RuPaul's Drag Race: Season 10||Guest||Episode: "10s Across the Board"|
|Episode: "Grand Finale" - Audience|
|2019||RuPaul's Drag Race: Season 11||Guest||Episode: "Whatcha Unpackin?"|
|2020||AJ and the Queen||Porkchop||Episode: "New York City"|
|2009||RuPaul's Drag Race Under the Hood||Herself (Contestant)|
|2017||Hey Qween!||Guest||Episode: "Porkchop Parker & Nina Bo'Nina Brown"|
|Look at Huh!||Guest||Episode: "Porkchop Parker"|
AJ and the Queen Appearances
She appeared in New York City, the series premiere of the Netflix Original AJ and the Queen in a cameo as a character named Porkchop. In the episode, she was defended by Ruby Red after she was bullied by the owner of The Box, a drag club in the city that never sleeps.
Emanuel Palmer • Max "The Body" Philisaire