Victoria Parker, also known as Victoria "Porkchop" Parker, is the stage name of Victor Bowling, a female illusionist from Raleigh, North Carolina. She competed on Season 1 of RuPaul's Drag Race. She was eliminated on the first episode, placing 9th and becoming the first queen ever eliminated.
Parker is a very successful pageant queen, having attended over 200 pageants and winning over 100 of them. She has also won four national titles including Miss Continental Plus in 2000.
According to the first episode of Drag Race, Porkchop started doing drag on January 16, 1987, her 18th birthday. She started as "Victoria René Parker" since a pageant girl had to have three names in the '80s and '90s.
Her given name is Victor, so it was natural for her drag name to be Victoria. "Parker" is from a former Miss North Carolina, Joni Bennett Parker. She got "Porkchop" from making good fried pork chops and her drag mother Carmella Marcella Garcia saying Victoria loved her fried pork chops.
She was featured in the documentary Pageant in 2008.
In her introduction video for Drag Race, she described herself as "Diva, Charismatic, and Talented", as the queens were required to describe three words about themselves.
RuPaul's Drag Race
|Season Competed||Season 1|
|Main Challenges Won:||0|
|Mini Challenges Won:||0|
|Times as Team Captain:||0|
|Times in Bottom:||1 (Ep. 1)|
|Episode Eliminated||Episode 1|
Porkchop was fifth to enter the werkroom and got along well with the other queens. She enjoyed the visuals of both the Pit Crew and Mike Ruiz. In the first mini-challenge, a car wash themed photoshoot with the Pit Crew, Victoria spent a lot of time flirting and looking at the models instead of the camera, which she was later criticized for by the judges.
The main challenge was called "Drag on a Dime" where the queens had to make a fashionable outfit made from items from a dollar store. Porkchop mentioned in confessionals that her sewing skills went as far as sewing on buttons. While creating her dress, Porkchop opened up to the other contestants about how different the past drag scene was, explaining how she had been shot at and attacked for being a female impersonator.
Porkchop's dress was criticized for being disjointed. It was described as looking like "a football field" by fellow contestant Akashia.
She placed in the bottom two alongside Akashia. They lip-synced to "Supermodel" by RuPaul. During the lip-sync, Porkchop was not lip-syncing the words. Jade pointed out that she was also stumbling across the stage. Akashia won the lip-sync, thus eliminating Porkchop.
The cause of her elimination was the fact that she could not sew a whole dress together. Victoria confessed that her outfit was the first outfit she had ever made, and RuPaul addressed that as a part of why Victoria was in the bottom two. After losing the lip-sync against Akashia, Victoria became the first contestant to ever be eliminated on Drag Race.
After Season 1
Porkchop has appeared in the audience of almost every Grand Finale of RuPaul's Drag Race, usually greeted by RuPaul with a "Hey Porkchop" and an "I always have a seat for you." She has become somewhat of a legend within the Drag Race franchise and has been referenced many times.
Porkchop appeared in the audience of All Stars 2's comedy show where she gave a disgusted and bored reaction to the routines, which resulted in a viral meme. She was also referenced in Alaska's Read U Wrote U verse with "Who's that bitch that's on the top? Oh wait that's me, hey Porkchop!"
On Episode 1 of All Stars 3, guest judge Vanessa Hudgens lip-synced against "Porkchop". It was an actual pork chop, but RuPaul jokingly called it Parker.
She made a special guest appearance at the virtual reunion of Season 12.
The first episode of Season 13 is called "The Pork Chop", in reference to Porkchop. In the following episode she was referred to as a star by RuPaul when she was discussing the effect being a first out has on queens. Porkchop later appeared in Episode 9 as a contestant on Snatch Game, alongside Raven. RuPaul announced her as the winner at the end of the challenge, making her the second guest to "win" the Snatch Game, after Alec Mapa in Season 2.
- "Victoria is very different from Victor, Victoria is very outgoing, very flirtatious, she likes to meet men, she likes to entertain, and I can do things as Victoria, that I could never get away with as Victor."
- "I want a snickers!"
- "I'm hungry!"
- "Would you fuck me? I'd fuck me."
- "We were the test season, being the first one eliminated turned out wonderful for me because everyone remembers Porkchop." (on "Hey Qween!")
- "Had I gone home third no one would know who I was." (on "Hey Qween!")
- "After being eliminated, I returned home and the manager at Legends told me it was the worst mistake I've ever made and that I had ruined my career. He was very mad at me and he fired me two months later, before the show had even premiered." (on "Hey Qween!")
- "It was very hard. I lost my job, I lost my friends, my home, it changed my life and when the show came out it didn't really help a lot. We did not get a lot of benefit from the show like they do now." (on "Hey Qween!")
- Victoria, in Drag Race, is the first...
- ...contestant from North Carolina.
- ...plus-sized contestant to compete.
- ...contestant to ever be eliminated.
- ...contestant to lose a lip-sync.
- ...contestant to be eliminated on a design challenge.
- ...contestant to only compete in one episode.
- ...contestant to be the oldest of their respective season.
- ...contestant to ever place 9th.
- ...contestant to lip-sync to a song in front of the person who sung it (Supermodel by RuPaul) along with Akashia.
- Victoria was the oldest contestant to compete on Season 1.
- Victoria is the highest placing contestant to be eliminated first, placing 9th on her season.
- Victoria's goal is to entertain, have fun on stage, and please the audience. Victoria wants to make the people in the audience forget their problems and enjoy her performances and the show for a good couple of hours.
- Victoria has been performing and entertaining since she was 18. Victoria is experienced in not only female impersonation, but also in show choir, theatre, and acting.
- Victoria believes that Drag and Female Impersonation have two different meanings. Victoria defined drag as "Dressed as Girl", and one that goes out to a gay bar dressed as a woman to have a good time, while female impersonation means to her "a male dressed as a woman for entertainment purposes."
- Victoria defines herself as a female impersonator, not only because of its meaning but because it's a career, it's something fun she does for a living, and when she goes home, she takes off her makeup and lives her life as a man.
- Victoria was crowned Miss Continental Plus in 2000 and Miss Gay International Plus in 2005. She was also first runner-up to Necole Luv Dupree in the 2002 National Entertainer of the Year pageant.
- Along with Alyssa Edwards, she appeared in the 2008 documentary, Pageant, a film documenting five men competing in the Miss Gay America pageant.
- Victoria's most memorable moment was winning a pageant a year prior to competing on the show, performing alongside Ericka Dunlap, the former Miss Real America 2004. Porkchop addressed that she and Ericka wore matching costumes as well.
- Victoria said if she were to look like anyone, it would be Elizabeth Taylor as she is one of her idols and Porkchop always found Elizabeth a beautiful and fabulous diva.
- Another one of Victoria's idols is Bob Mackie.
- In 2018, Victoria won the very first RuPaul's Drag Con Pageant. Some first-eliminated queens competed for the crown in this pageant (Coco Montrese, Naysha Lopez, Pandora Boxx, Tempest DuJour, Vanessa Vanjie Mateo).
- At the Season 10 finale, Victoria was one of only two Season 1 contestants to lip-sync alongside two queens, alongside BeBe Zahara Benet.
- Victoria was shot and had acid thrown on her face outside of a gay bar back in the late '80s while doing an impersonation. She had to be rushed to the Emergency Room in drag.
- She had silicone injections done by an unlicensed nurse in 1999, resulting in Granuloma.
- Donald Trump had her blocked on Twitter.
- Victoria believes in Astrology and horoscopes.
Season 1 Looks
Season 13 Looks
|2009||RuPaul's Drag Race: Season 1||Herself (Contestant)||Eliminated in 9th.|
|2012||RuPaul's Drag Race: Season 4||Guest (Audience)||Episode: "Reunion"|
|2013||RuPaul's Drag Race: Season 5||Guest (Audience)||Episode: "Reunited!"|
|2014||RuPaul's Drag Race: Season 6||Guest (Audience)||Episode: "The Finale"|
|2015||RuPaul's Drag Race: Season 7||Guest (Audience)||Episode: "Grand Finale"|
|2 Broke Girls||Protester||Episode: "And the Inside Outside Situation"|
|2015 MTV Video Music Awards||Herself||Dancer for Miley Cyrus|
|2016||RuPaul's Drag Race: Season 8||Guest (Audience)||Episode: "Grand Finale"|
|RuPaul's Drag Race All Stars: Season 2||Guest (Audience)||Episode: "Revenge of the Queens"|
|Botched: Season 3||Herself||Episode: "Double D-Saster"|
|2017||RuPaul's Drag Race: Season 9||Herself (Contestant)||Episode: "Grand Finale"|
|2018||RuPaul's Drag Race: Season 10||Guest||Episode: "10s Across the Board"|
|Episode: "Grand Finale" - Audience|
|2019||RuPaul's Drag Race: Season 11||Guest||Episode: "Whatcha Unpackin?"|
|2020||AJ and the Queen||Porkchop||Episode: "New York City"|
|RuPaul's Drag Race: Season 12||Guest||Episode: "Alone Together"|
|2021||RuPaul's Drag Race: Season 13||Guest||Episode: "The Snatch Game"|
|2009||RuPaul's Drag Race Under the Hood||Herself (Contestant)|
|Ring My Bell||Herself||Guest|
|WOW Shopping Network||Herself||Recurring guest|
|2017||Hey Qween!||Guest||Episode: "Porkchop Parker & Nina Bo'nina Brown"|
|Look at Huh!||Guest||Episode: "Porkchop Parker"|
AJ and the Queen
She appeared in New York City, the series premiere of the Netflix Original AJ and the Queen in a cameo as a character named Porkchop. In the episode, she was defended by Ruby Red after she was bullied by the owner of The Box, a drag club in the city that never sleeps.
Emanuel Palmer • Max "The Body" Philisaire