Violet Chachki is the drag queen name of Jason Dardo, a performer and the Season 7 winner of "RuPaul's Drag Race". After winning, Chachki started touring around the world doing aerial and/or burlesque performances, modeling and working with Adult Swim, Dita Von Teese, Prada and others.
Drag Name Origin
Violet's original drag name was Blair. Then, after watching the movie "Bound", she changed to Violet, inspired the devious and mysterious character (Violet) played by Jennifer Tilly. She wanted her drag character to be a nod to mid-century, dark, mysterious and beautiful woman. That's where Chachki came from, which is the slang spelling of "tchotchke", a Yiddish word for a strictly decorative object.
Violet has 2 drag mothers: Gender Monster (a fashion designer and drag queen who stopped doing drag) and the Season 8 contestant, Dax ExclamationPoint. She also have a drag sister called Brigitte Bidet and is close friend of Evah Destruction.
RuPaul's Drag Race
|Season Competed:||Season 7|
|Mini-Challenges Won:||1 (ep. 10)|
|Times as Team Captain:||0|
|Main Challenges Won:||3 (ep. 1, 10, 11)|
|Times in Bottom Two:||0|
Initially unpopular amongst the other queens on her season due to her snobbish attitude, Violet was frequently picked last for team challenges. She had some struggle with acting and comedy challenges but always was close to win or actually won fashion and performative challenges like on Episode 2, "Glamazonian Airways", were still named as one of the Top 3.
Just like Ginger Minj, Violet won 3 main challenges (on Episode 1 "Born Naked", teamed with Katya on Episode 10 "Prancing Queens" and Episode 11 "Hey, Kitty Girls!"), but she is the only one who didn't have to compete in any lip-syncs to don't be eliminated on Season 7. These facts, her eye-catching looks and unshakeable confidence made Chachki, on Episode 14, "Reunited", be the 7th crowned "America's Next Drag Superstar".
"Ooh, la la la la la."
- "YAAASSS! COME THROUGH!"
- "I hate Michelle Visage."
- "She probably has a bigger man body than me without her implants!" (referring to Michelle Visage)
- "I've seen Miss Fame's work. I'm pretty impressed but... not that impressed."
- "No one says that but yes." (to Jasmine Masters after she said "gatlanta")
- "I'm not not a dancer, but I'm not a dancer."
- "I get it, I'm a bitch."
- "Always bitchy, never butchy."
- "She looks like Tony The Tiger on crack." (referring to Kennedy Davenport)
- "Stir the pot, RuPaul. Want a spoon?"
- "Pain is beauty and I'm the prettiest."
- "Serving two looks in one is... a talent."
- "I am a one-of-a-kind collectible."
- "Ew, Michelle!"
- "Boner killer." (referring to Naomi Smalls' toes comming out of her heels)
- Violet has been doing drag since 2011;
- She won a few titles in Atlanta before the show;
- When performing as a drag king, Violet is known as Victor Chachki;
- She can cinch her waist to 18 inches (45,72 cm) or less;
- During the "Legendary Children art show", photographs by Blake England depicting an untucked Chachki caused quite a stir;
- Lucinda Bunnen (Godmother of Southern photography) featured a series of photos of Violet Chachki in a photo exhibit;
- She has a short past in pornography under the name "Frankie Malone", much like Jade Jolie and Detox;
- She is the first drag queen to ever front a major lingerie campaign and "RuPaul's Drag Race" contestant to perform in India;
- She appears in the first edition of the christmas special album "Christmas Queens" (one that features some queens from "RuPaul's Drag Race");
- The preview Season 7 trailer featured many of Violet's runway looks;
- Violet is the third youngest winner in history after Tyra Sanchez and Aquaria;
- Like Roxxxy Andrews, she has the longest gap between challenge wins, both taking nine episodes to win their second challenge;
- She is currently the only main series season winner to win 2 consecutive challenges;
- Violet is the second youngest queen that competed in Season 7, being only 11 days older than youngest queen Max;
- Her statistics throughout Season 7 are very similar to Aquaria's (Season 10 winner). Violet was safe from 4 and Aquaria for 5 challenges, both never landed in the bottom 2, were at the bottom 3 twice, won 3 challenges, won the ball challenge, won the last challenge and were crowned "America’s Next Drag Superstar".
Season 7 Looks
- "Gagged" (2015) (Tracklist: 1. Bettie 2. Harlequin 3. La Petite Mort 4. Vanguard 5. Show Off)
- "A Lot More Me" (2018)
- "Drop That Pimp" (2015) by RuPaul ft. Violet Chachki & Miles Davis Moody
- "I Run The Runaway" (2015) by Miss Fame ft. Violet Chachki
- Violet Chachki's Site | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter
- Violet Chachki on YouTube | Apple Music | Wikipedia
4th: Kennedy Davenport • 5th: Katya (Miss Congeniality) • 6th: Trixie Mattel • 7th: Miss Fame • 8th: Jaidynn Diore Fierce • 9th: Max • 10th: Kandy Ho • 11th: Mrs. Kasha Davis • 12th: Jasmine Masters • 13th: Sasha Belle • 14th: Tempest DuJour
Jason Carter • Miles Davis Moody • Bryce Eilenberg