Willam Bart Belli is a drag queen, actor, and recording artist from Philadelphia, Pennsylvania who was a contestant on the Season 4 of RuPaul's Drag Race. He is known for being the first queen in the show to ever be disqualified for breaking the rules.
In 2017, he was a guest judge on the first episode of the second season of The Boulet Brother's Dragula.
RuPaul's Drag Race
|Season Competed||Season 4|
|Mini-Challenges Won:||3 (Eps. 2, 4, 6)|
|Times as Team Captain:||2 (Eps. 2, 4)|
|Times Placed High||2 (Eps. 4, 5)|
|Main Challenges Won:||2 (Eps. 6, 8)|
|Times Placed Low||0|
|Times in Bottom:||1 (Ep. 7)|
|Episode Eliminated||Episode 8|
Unlike many of the queens who have appeared on Drag Race, Willam had very little experience as a club performer prior to the show, as his main career focus had been on television acting. While Willam was best known for playing transsexual "Cherry Peck" on FX's Nip/Tuck, he also played many roles on various crime television shows including Southland, CSI: NY, Cold Case, Criminal Minds, and Boston Public. He also has appeared in numerous feature films including American Wedding, Because I Said So, Tower Heist, and Cinema Verite.
In addition to his acting career, Willam also had a musical background prior to his appearance on Drag Race. Willam was part of the band Tranzkuntinental along with fellow drag queens Rhea Litré, Vicky Vox, Detox, and Kelly Mantle. The band would go on to receive a residency at House of Blues on the Sunset Strip before disbanding; Willam would later go on to form the supergroup DWV along with Vicky and Detox, as well as collaborate with Rhea on "Let's Have A Ki Ki." Willam also made an appearance in Rihanna's music video for her single "S&M" alongside Detox and Morgan McMichaels.
In spite of his disqualification, Willam is widely regarded as one of the most successful alumni in the history of Drag Race. Since Drag Race, he has released an album, toured around the world with his music groups DWV and the AAAGirls, received endorsement deals from Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics, American Apparel and Magnum Ice Cream, and has over 920,000 subscribers on his YouTube channel as of June 2020.
Unlike many other queens from the show, Willam performs under his real name. He has stated that this is because he works in the film and television industry; it is difficult to obtain work if you go by more than one name. Other contestants who do not use a drag name include Alexis Mateo, Chad Michaels, Kelly Mantle, Max, Derrick Barry and Charlie Hides.
Willam uses he/his pronouns, both in and out of drag.
In Frenemies, Willam won the main challenge along with partner Latrice Royale. While Sharon Needles and Phi Phi O'Hara lost the challenge and were still required to lip-sync for their lives, Willam was called back to the stage after the performance and was told that he was in violation of his contract and that he must leave immediately. As a result, both Sharon and Phi Phi remained on the show.While Willam still appeared on the reunion special, he was absent from the opening performances and did not appear until being interviewed by RuPaul. During the interview, it was confirmed that Willam was removed from the show after he repeatedly met with his spouse in his hotel room. These actions were considered a contract violation as contestants are not allowed to reveal their involvement on the show until the cast is announced.Despite the claims made on the show, it has been reported by multiple sources, including Willam, that the details of his disqualification were fabricated by the producers in an attempt to conceal the truth behind his time on Drag Race. While details differ between accounts, it is known that Willam had been cast in an L.A. theater production called The Jersey Shoresical and would be unable to appear in the musical if he were to continue his time on Drag Race. In an attempt to be fired from the show, Willam began committing a series of rule violations, including smoking weed, entering restricted areas of the film lot, and stealing props. Willam told the producers his actions and was informed on the morning of his final day that he would be disqualified following the lip-sync.
After Drag RaceFollowing Drag Race, Willam has continued to work and tour with fellow contestants, including ALandCHUCK.travel's Drag Stars at Sea cruise and RuPaul's Drag Race Battle of the Seasons tour; however, after the first year of Battle of the Seasons, Willam and Carmen Carrera were both asked to refrain from participating in the tour citing behavioral issues. In response, Willam went on his tour dubbed "The Shafterparty," in which he visited all of BOTS' locations immediately after they finished performing at each location. Willam also made a guest appearance on episode one of RuPaul's Drag Race: All Stars, and was also featured on RuPaul's Drag U as a professor.In 2012, he was nominated for the NewNowNext Award for Most Addictive Reality Star. He also has launched a music career and released over six singles to date, including "Trouble", "Chow Down", "The Vagina Song", "Let's Have a Kai Kai", "RuPaulogize", and "Boy Is a Bottom". In addition, he also has appeared as a guest commentator on newnownext.com.
Four of these songs are parodies of well-known songs, with "Boy is a Bottom" being a parody of "Girl is on Fire" by Alicia Keys, "The Vagina Song" being a parody of "Billionaire" by Travie McCoy and Bruno Mars, "Chow Down" a parody of "Hold On" by Wilson Phillips, and "Let's Have a Kai Kai" being a parody of the Scissor Sisters' "Let's Have a Kiki". In November 2012 he released his first album; The Wreckoning.
Willam was part of the YouTube channel The Stylish where he hosted a show called Willam's Beatdown where he would 'beatdown' other YouTubers. The Stylish shut down he has continued the show on his own Youtube Channel.He also released "Love You Like a Big Schlong", a parody of "Love You Like A Love Song" by Selena Gomez. Several of her fellow queens have appeared with him and sung in his videos, including Detox and Vicky in "Chow Down" and Rhea Litre in "Let's Have a Kai Kai".After DWV's breakup due to conflict within members, he began working with Alaska and Courtney Act as the AAA Girls and released the songs "American Apparel Ad Girls" and "Dear Santa, Bring me a Man". In 2015, he released his debut album, "Shartistry In Motion".
He has written a book called 'Suck Less: Where There's a Willam, There's a Way'.
- "Your tone seems very pointed right now." (to Phi Phi O'Hara during Untucked in Season 4 episode Frenemies)
- "Is the carpet comfortable?" (to Milan during Untucked in Glamazons vs. Champions)
- "I won, you know it's kind of a hobby of mine. Thank you, God, for all this bod."
- "Oh my God, I want her to play with matches."
- "Ding ding ding points for everybody."
- "Her chest looks like a Muppet." (regarding Alisa Summers)
- "I'm just trying to get a window seat on the way to hell."
- "I'm trying to bring attention to one of my favorite causes. Which is me."
- "I need a nap and some dick."
- "I want guys with big dicks to call me."
- "Like a butt plug that you pulled out of a unicorn and you've just been whacking me with it. That's how gay I feel just by watching this video. And I'm already in a dress."
- "I'll just have a good report with my shoes, they're Yves Saint Laurent."
- "You don't eat in drag, duh."
- "Nobody was killed at Stonewall." (to Derrick Barry after she mistakenly said people died in the Stonewall riots.)
- "I tend to think emotions are for ugly people."
- "Thank you, God, for all this bod."
- "I've never had like 'girlfriends', I've never really been friends with other drag queens, I've always been an actor, on TV, I was on Boston Public with you [Loretta Devine], and um, I'm getting to know these girls and they're awesome, and it sucks to know that one of them is gonna have to go home so I can win. It's hard. So yeah, that's it, and I'm not acting... swear to god!" (to RuPaul on the mainstage during deliberation)
- "You shut your ugly boat mouth!"
- "I'm the prettiest one... Now that Kenya's gone!"
- "Nurse! Oh, Nurse!"
- "Who's credit card?"
- "I'm a trouble maker and a shit-stirrer."
- "Plus-sized Jujubee!" (referring to Jiggly Caliente in the wrestling challenge)
- "You fucking cross-dressers made me cry."
- "Madame LaQueer wasn't doing much and I was like, girl, Milan just danced circles around you nad swiffered the floor with his taint." (referring to Milan and Madame LaQueer's lip-sync)
- "Indifference is worse than hate."
- "I'm not gonna RuPaulogize for anything that I'm doing now."
- "Ooh, a 26. Damn, we got some big girls. I hope none of them have diabetes."
- "I'm a big boy dressed in big girl's clothes."
- "I'm gonna learn Spanish by the time I win."
- "Bar Queen! Bar Queen!" (during Untucked)
- "It feels correct to win. When it's right, it's right."
- "I brought stickers, it's scented. They smell like a sticker."
- "They're all bottoms."
- "Next week I'm gonna wear a burka. Black chiffon burka and a three-o'-one and say, "Suck it, Michelle."
- (Derrick Barry) "That was fighting for gay rights, and people were killed." (Willam) "Nobody was killed at Stonewall. Um, it was in June, 1969, and some say it was because Judy Garland had just died and we were over it. It was the first time that we stood up- well, not the first time; The Black Cat in Los Angeles actually, in Silver Lake, that was the first time in 1967. Stonewall was '69, and it's the first time we stood up and stood back and said to the people that we were paying off usually, to just live our lives and go about our ways. We are not gonna take this anymore, it's too much, Marsha P. Johnson was there, they say a lesbian who was also a crossdresser as a man was there, and he threw the first brick or punch, but that inspires me. Because kids today now it's just like, 'Oh, repost," slacktivism on Facebook; they don't get out, they don't do things. The community that fought for us is disappearing. Because when our community gets used up of its resources, like, if you're a hair and makeup artist and they don't want you to do the hair anymore, you're done. Where do you go? You're just an old gay man, and you have no friends, you have no family, except for the people that you worked with. Where are you? You're sitting in a state-run hospital or something, you know? And this happens; I visit someone who is an amazing artist in the hospital. Every month, because that's where he is right now because he don't have a family, and the people that were his family aren't his family no more. And it's sad, because we need to take care of our own, we need to learn from these people and keep going. The slacktivism has to stop." 
- Thank you. Hire me.
- His mentor is the Los Angeles drag queen named Momma.
- Willam was supposed to be in All-Stars 1 but was removed 40 hours before filming began.
- Willam is the first queen to be sent home by RuPaul without lip-syncing. The second is Eureka O'Hara of Season 9.
- Unlike Willam, Eureka was sent home because of medical reasons.
- He is also the first queen to leave the competition after winning a challenge. He is followed by BenDeLaCreme on All-Stars 3, who sent herself home after a Lip Sync for your Legacy against Bebe Zahara Benet.
- Willam can play the saxophone.
- Willam is one of the four queens so far that has never lost a lip-sync (not counting winners).
- He now has a podcast with Alaska called Race Chaser.
- Willam has a YouTube channel.
- Willam is the first queen to ever be disqualified in Drag Race herstory. He would later be followed by Miss Gimhuay of Drag Race Thailand (Season 2) and Sherry Pie of Season 12.
- Willam appeared in the movie 'A Star is Born'.
- Willam is the first queen from the show to be nominated for an Emmy in an acting role. She received the nomination for her work in the final season of 'Eastsiders'.
Season 4 Looks
- ↑ Belli, W. (2018) "Twitter Post" https://twitter.com/willam/status/1003514896745500672
4th: Latrice Royale (Miss Congeniality) • 5th: Kenya Michaels • 6th: Dida Ritz • 7th: Willam (Disqualified) • 8th: Jiggly Caliente • 9th: Milan • 10th: Madame LaQueer • 11th: The Princess • 12th: Lashauwn Beyond • 13th: Alisa Summers
Jason Carter • Shawn Morales