Willow would later be crowned America's Next Drag Superstar at the finale.
A quirky little pill, this queen digs deep to deliver a wicked sense of humor and a darkly eccentric drag style. She is Season 11 winner Yvie Oddly's drag sister, so expect the unexpected from Willow Pill.
Drag Name Origin
The name Willow comes from the Buffy the Vampire Slayer character, Willow Rosenburg. Willow has a rare chronic illness that required frequent blood draws and multiple types of medication, which later was the inspiration for the last name Pill.
|Seasons Competed:||Season 14|
|Maxi Challenges Won:||1 (Ep. 3)|
|Mini Challenges Won:||2 (Eps. 9, 13)|
|Times as Team Captain:||1 (Ep. 4)|
|Times in Bottom:||2 (Eps. 10, 14)|
RuPaul's Drag Race Season 14
- "Where am I?" (entrance quote)
- "I'm an adorably twisted little doll"
- "This girl just wants money, and jewelry, and hot dogs"
- "Hi children of the Lord!" (first words to the queens)
- "Kerri is like...it's like looking in the sun, it hurts my eyes because she's so gorgeous." (when meeting Kerri Colby for the first time)
- "Darkness." (in response to RuPaul asking where she gets her sense of humor)
- "I want to be living one of those fantasies that's like, up in my mind that I've had since I was a kid." (during Untucked)
- "But I want to be the littlest one! It's okay I'm youngest in the face." (to Kerri Colby upon meeting Jorgeous)
- "My catheter is leaking." (in the Acting Challenge, fake entrance)
- "What is RuPaul's Drag Race? I thought this was The Bitchelor!" (in the Acting Challenge)
- "Where's my drinky?" (during Untucked)
- "I guess our invites got lost in the Email." (during Daytona wind)
- "There's going to be one challenge we're all going to bomb." (in the Werkroom after Daytona Wind)
- "DeJa Skye. We know you're always telling bad dad jokes in the werkroom. Though you may not be a comedy queen, you certainly have the face for it." (in Reading is Fundamental)
- "Serena ChaCha! Jorgeous, we know you're skinny, and you need to eat. But, unfortunately, Orion's ass is not on the food pyramid." (in Reading is Fundamental)
- "Hiking?" (answering Daya Betty's question about what walking in the woods is called)
- ♪ "I met him out in the park/ It smelled like gas/ And it was really dark (Baby)/ He winked at me from behind a tree (Oh, baby)/ I love the way that he glares at me." ♪ (her lyrics in Bad Boy Baby)
- ♪ "My heart beats for him and his greasy hair." ♪ (her lyrics in Bad Boy Baby)
- "Well, it's complicated for me, because I'm an anarchist who believes men should be punished for their crimes against the world, but I do find them very attractive." (during the Mensezes DragCon Panel Challenge)
- "In the gay community, there's this whole masc4masc thing, which if you don't know means a masculine man looking for another masculine man, like Ross and Carson." (during the Mensezes DragCon Panel Challenge)
- "Yeah, I've never had sex or been in a relationship, because I only do anal." (during the Mensezes DragCon Panel Challenge)
- "Out of drag I look like a sad victorian doll, and then in drag I look like a sad victorian doll but with, um, whore makeup." (during the Mensezes DragCon Panel Challenge)
- "I also have a disability in my fingers and my wrists, so I give really bad handjobs." (during the Mensezes DragCon Panel Challenge)
- "I woke up at 6:60, also know as 7 '0 clock." (as Drew Barrymore in the Snatch Game)
- "E.T., phone my home." (as Drew Barrymore in the Snatch Game)
- "When I die I want to be buried under an avocado tree, that way people can have me on their toast." (as Drew Barrymore in the Snatch Game)
- "If we kill her we don't have to lipsync" (about DeJa Skye)
- "She played right into my hands." (about Bosco)
- "I would just jump off the stage onto a spike." (if Jorgeous got 'Love Don't Cost a Thing')
- "The judges are always saying that Jorgeous was born for drag. She's also gonna die for it. RuPaul is gonna sacrifice her for seven more years of life." (During Ross Mathews Roast)
- "...We have Camden, who looks like the child of a brother and sister." (During Ross Mathews Roast)
- "Michelle, you pride yourself on being a singer, an actor, and a dancer. And only three of those are a lie." (During Ross Mathews Roast)
- "Truly you are a very handsome lesbian." (about Ross Mathews, During Ross Mathews Roast)
- "Daya is taking so long to get to every punchline -- not only was it not funny but you [also] wasted my time" (During Ross Mathews Roast)
- "I'm finally learning to just enjoy life, and that is a hard thing to do." (during her Tic Tac chit-chat)
- "I want to be a drag rockstar. I don't want to leave this world with any box unchecked (during her Tic Tac chit-chat)
- "It's like an intergalactic mom ready to pick up her kids." (about Bosco's outfit)
- "I just wanna, like, telecommunicate with her and be like, 'come on, girl, you can get it. Please! It's a kick, ball change'". (about Angeria Paris VanMicheals)
- ♪ "Mmm, take a "wiwwow" pill/ Do my sick bitch looks have you feeling ill?/ Kick it up to the top ‘cause I came to kill/ And give you back, in my dreams, where I like to chill/ Cute, absurd and a touch of ugly/ I celebrate life, let's pour the bubbly/ We live in a matrix, I'm the solution/ Get lost in my sauce ‘cause it's an illusion." ♪ (her lyrics in the Catwalk music video)
- "You'll just learn to let go, and have the queerness of the universe shine through you." (to her younger self, on the runway)
- "I don't see how that's any of your business" (after RuPaul asks how she is doing)
- "Mental illness and rhinestones" (her response to "'What [is] a Drag Queen?")
- "I just really wanna thank my family, and my friends, and most of all, I need to thank Kornbread's ankle." (winning speech)
- Willow Pill is the drag sister/daughter of Yvie Oddly, winner of the eleventh season of RuPaul's Drag Race.
- She revealed in episode 1 that she met Yvie making a short film with Yvie during college.
- They are the only two winners with known chronic illnesses of the Drag Race franchise.
- Willow did a music video with Yvie titled, 'Sick Bitch'.
- Willow's Season 14 track record is nearly identical to Yvie's on Season 11: they both won their only Main Challenge on their second episode competing, received positive critiques in six other episodes, received negative critiques in two episodes, were just safe in three episodes, were up for elimination for Snatch Game, were part of a double shantay, became finalists, were the finalist with the least Main Challenge wins, lip-synced for the Crown against a professional ballet dancer not originally from the US who had won three Main Challenges, and ultimately won their season.
- This makes them the second drag mother/daughter duo to both win a Drag Race season, after Envy Peru and Vanessa Van Cartier of Drag Race Holland.
- Willow Pill has been diagnosed with cystinosis, a kidney disease that causes problems with her eyes, throat, and muscles.
- Willow's promo wig was stylized by fellow castmate, Daya Betty.
- Willow is the first queen on Season 14 to get a name yodel, being referred to as "Not a Big Pill, but a Wiwwow Pill" by RuPaul.
- Willow's idea for her talent show performance came from a video she made seven years ago, where she throws various objects into a bathtub.
- She also reveals that the idea sprung up when contestants were given a list of artists they could potentially perform to, with Enya being one of them.
- She requested a rotisserie chicken, but that idea was rejected by production, so she had to use spaghetti.
- She decided to incorporate suicide into the talent by adding a toaster intended to be thrown into the bathtub.
- Even though production approved for the toaster to be thrown into the bathtub, the toaster sits visible on the table beside the bathtub at the end.
- She decided to allow viewers to take their own artistic interpretation on the toaster.
- Willow's Chaps look was the first Shoot of Season 14 on Fashion Photo RuView.
- Willow is the fifth contestant from Season 14 to come out as transgender, after Kerri Colby, Kornbread "The Snack" Jeté, Bosco, and Jasmine Kennedie. She made this announcement over Instagram on March 3, 2022.
- Willow has imitated Drew Barrymore before on her digital drag series on her YouTube channel.
- Willow is the only queen in the top eight who never lip synced against Jorgeous.
- With the exception of Kornbread "The Snack" Jeté who was medically removed from the competition, Willow is the only Season 14 queen not to lose a lip sync.
- Willow is the first transgender winner of a regular season of RuPaul's Drag Race. She is the fourth overall after Angele Anang of Drag Race Thailand Season 2, Kylie Sonique Love of All Stars 6, and Vanessa Van Cartier of Drag Race Holland Season 2.
- Willow and Kornbread "The Snack" Jeté are the first winners of their Season and Miss Congeniality respectively to both be transgender.
- Willow and Yvie are the first drag sister/daughter duo to win a regular US season.
- Willow is the third winner to be in the bottom two but sent no one home until the finale, after Sharon and Yvie.
RuPaul's Drag Race Season 14
RuPaul's Drag Race Season 14 Looks
|2022||RuPaul's Drag Race (Season 14)||Self||Contestant (Placed 1st)|||
|Runners-Up||2nd: Lady Camden • 3rd, 4th, & 5th: Angeria Paris VanMicheals • Bosco • Daya Betty|
|Other Queens||6th & 7th: DeJa Skye & Jorgeous • 8th: Jasmine Kennedie • 9th: Kerri Colby • 10th: Maddy Morphosis • 11th: Orion Story • 12th: Kornbread "The Snack" Jeté (Departed & Miss Congeniality) • 13th: Alyssa Hunter • 14th: June Jambalaya|
|Judges||RuPaul • Michelle Visage • Carson Kressley • Ross Mathews|
|Pit Crew||Bruno Carvalho • Bryce Eilenberg • Calixto Quan|