Yvie returned in the first episode of All Stars 5 as a "Lip-Sync Assassin", to lip-sync against India Ferrah representing the safe queens' elimination choice. Yvie won the lip-sync and revealed the group chose to eliminate Derrick Barry.
Yvie Oddly's name was inspired by people calling her performances weird, and so she wanted a name that was "even odder than everybody else's" to match.
RuPaul's Drag Race
|Seasons Competed:||Season 11|
|Mini Challenges Won:||0|
|Times as Team Captain:||0|
|Times Placed High:||6 (Eps. 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 12)|
|Maxi Challenges Won:||1 (Ep. 2)|
|Times Placed Low:||1 (Ep. 11)|
|Times in Bottom Two:||1 (Ep. 8)|
Denver's "commodity of drag oddity," Yvie Oddly bucked what she thinks is a "boring local drag scene" and brought conceptual artistry into the mix. Self-described as tall and weird, Oddly draws inspiration from fashion brands like Mugler, as well as non-conventional drag artists like Christeene. Yvie is all about the hustle and is not afraid of taking the "scrappiest, dirtiest, most back road option and making it work." Known for bringing her brain to the table, Yvie made jaws hit the floor during the competition.
Yvie was one of the final four queens of the season and was the first to make it to the "Grand Finale" which aired on May 30th, 2019. Despite only winning one challenge, Yvie's impressive track record, unique interpretation of drag, quirky personality and jaw-dropping lip sync skills helped win her the crown and title of "America's Next Drag Superstar", beating off Brooke Lynn Hytes, A'keria Chanel Davenport and Silky Nutmeg Ganache in the finale lip sync tournament.
Yvie describes herself as an "authentic weirdo" whose style ranges from high fashion glam goddess to dirty street punk. She loves anything that is going to shock the audience. Yvie states she is always changing and "looking in the future" which makes her drag very unique.
"Move over ladies, this race just took an odd turn."
- "I am Denver's commodity of drag oddity."
- "I'm just here to shock and suck cock."
- "What does that HAVE TO DO WITH ANYTHING BITCH?!" (to Silky Nutmeg Ganache during Episode 3's "Untucked")
- "Send me home 'cause I'm injured."
- "I'm a little pissed that you tried to throw me under the bus because I'm "injured" when I finished our routine, with my sprained ankle doing s*it you could not dream of and that you tried to throw me under the bus after you put on some stretch fabric bullshit and covered it in beans.'' (to Silky in Episode 7 of "Untucked".)
- "Off a dumpster that was in the Top 3, so check it and then wreck it." (during her ongoing argument with Silky in Untucked.)
- "You think being safe every week is going to get you somewhere?"(to Silky)
- "I'll dance circles around your ass." (to Silky)
- "That's because Sasha Velour was talented."
- “Let's give pats on the back to mediocrity and beans!" ( to Silky about her run on the show during Episode 7's "Untucked")
- "Because like that's really cute to say, but you're also the bitch who was like 'Well...I guess...the one girl who I wanna go home is Yvie, cuz she fought me.'" (to Vanessa Vanjie Mateo during Episode 7's "Untucked")
- "I THINK YOU'RE A FUCKING TERRIBLE SISTER! 'CAUSE I AM NOT ON HERE TO FUCKING HIDE AROUND THE CORNERS AND BE LIKE *whispers* hey girl." (to Vanessa Vanjie Mateo during Episode 7's "Untucked")
- "I am FUCKING done with this SHIT!"
- "I DON'T NEED CORDIAL, BITCH. I NEED REAL!" (to Vanessa Vanjie Mateo during Episode 7's "Untucked")
- "Bitch, you literally just talked about how you thought Scarlet should have went home after the first fucking dance!" (to Silky Nutmeg Ganache.)
- "I'm Yvie Oddly and oddly enough, my edges stay shredded but these tits are tough. When other girls are fake I just call out their bluff, so glue on those shoes and tighten them tucks. And I know I play rough but that's how I tumble, I bend over backwards whenever I fumble. I'm giving my all to shine like RuPaul, so pardon me bitches if I don't seem humble. Odd bless, how are you? *laughs*" (Yvie's verse in Queen's Everywhere.)
- "Odd Bless!"
- "Follow your oddities and fly your freak flag!" (After her victory)
- "Eat a baby!" (Yvie's original victory quote that was re-shot because according to the FCC, it is either profane or obscene and cannot be said on television. She also said this during the book launching mini-challenge)
- Yvie suffers from a condition called Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome Type 3, which affects the tissues in the skin, bones, blood vessels, and many organs.
- Yvie considers herself a "partial Halloween queen", as she first did drag on Halloween with her mom.
- She appeared in music videos by Adore Delano and Season 4 winner Sharon Needles.
- Her favorite past contestant is Nina Flowers.
- She was paired with Adore Delano for Season 11 Episode 1's mini-challenge, a photoshoot.
- Yvie can perform on Lyra, a large areal spinning hoop often used in the circus.
- She and Brooke Lynn Hytes are the seventh pair to lip-sync against each other twice. The other pairs are BenDeLaCreme with Darienne Lake and Shangela, Katya and Alaska, Eureka with Aquaria and Kameron Michaels, and Monique Heart and Trinity The Tuck.
- Yvie is the...
- ...first winner to...
- ...only win one maxi-challenge.
- ...be injured but continue the competition.
- ...win the least amount of challenges out of all the finalists of a regular season.
- ...place in the bottom in Snatch Game in a regular season (and the second overall after Trixie Mattel).
- ...have been in the bottom 2 since Bob The Drag Queen in Season 8. Coincidentally, they were both only in the bottom 2 once.
- ...contestant from Denver, Colorado, after Nina Flowers.
- ...contestant to injure herself on-screen during an intense choreography challenge, after Eureka in Season 9. However, her injury was not as severe and she was able to continue in the competition.
- ...regular-season winner after Sasha Velour to not have a solo challenge win.
- ...native American winner after Trixie Mattel in All Stars 3.
- ...Third regular-season winner to not win a mini-challenge after Bebe Zahara Benet and Sharon Needles.
- ...first winner to...
- Yvie was a contestant on RuPaul's Drag Race: Live in Las Vegas. Other contestants include Aquaria, India Ferrah, and Kameron Michaels.
- Yvie is the first lip sync assassin to appear in the new All Stars format beginning in All Stars 5, and the first to win the lip sync against the competing queen.
- On 2nd July 2020, Yvie became the 31st queen to reach 1 million followers on Instagram.
Season 11 Looks
Season 11 Videos
|2019||"WEIRDO"|| by Cazwell & Yvie|
ft. Craig C.
|2014||"Dressed To Kill"||by Sharon Needles|
Yvie was an extra in the video
|2017||"Negative Nancy"||by Adore Delano|
Yvie was an extra in the video
| by RuPaul|
with A'keria Chanel Davenport,
Brooke Lynn Hytes,
Silky Nutmeg Ganache,
& Vanessa Vanjie Mateo
|2019||"Stan For U"||by Honey Davenport|
- (2019-Present) Werq the World Tour
- Yvie Oddly's Site | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter
- Yvie Oddly on Youtube | Spotify | Apple Music | Wikipedia
|2nd: Brooke Lynn Hytes • 3rd & 4th: A'keria Chanel Davenport & Silky Nutmeg Ganache|
|5th: Vanessa Vanjie Mateo • 6th: Nina West (Miss Congeniality) • 7th: Shuga Cain • 8th: Plastique Tiara • 9th: Ra'Jah O'Hara • 10th: Scarlet Envy • 11th: Ariel Versace • 12th: Mercedes Iman Diamond • 13th: Honey Davenport • 14th: Kahanna Montrese • 15th: Soju|
|Jason Carter • Bruno Carvalho • Bryce Eilenberg|